Ana Maria C de Faria
Affiliation: Belo Horizonte
- Expression of Toll-like receptors 2 and 9 in cells of dog jejunum and colon naturally infected with Leishmania infantumMaria M Figueiredo
Departamento de Patologia Geral, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
BMC Immunol 14:22. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate the expression of TLR2 and TLR9 in jejunum and colon and its correlation with CD11c, CD11b, and CD14 receptors used as markers for dendritic cells and macrophages...
- The combination of high-fat diet-induced obesity and chronic ulcerative colitis reciprocally exacerbates adipose tissue and colon inflammationLílian G Teixeira
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology Institute of Biological Sciences Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av, Antonio Carlos, 6627, Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG CEP 31270 901, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 10:204. 2011..This study evaluated the relationship between ulcerative colitis and obesity, which are both chronic diseases characterized by inflammation and increases in immune cells and pro-inflammatory cytokines...
- Oral tolerance and TGF-beta-producing cellsAna M C Faria
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur Him 730, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets 5:179-90. 2006..Thus, it appears that TGF-beta-producing cells are not only crucial for oral tolerance, but they may be master regulators of most of the mechanisms triggered by antigen feeding...
- Variation rhythms of lymphocyte subsets during healthy agingAna Maria Caetano Faria
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Neuroimmunomodulation 15:365-79. 2008..The knowledge of these parameters in further detail will allow interventions to optimize immune function in advanced age and to improve the quality of life in the elderly...
- Oral tolerance induced by continuous feeding: enhanced up-regulation of transforming growth factor-beta/interleukin-10 and suppression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisAna M C Faria
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Autoimmun 20:135-45. 2003..Such feeding regimens may be advantageous in the application of oral tolerance for clinical purposes in the treatment of autoimmune and other inflammatory conditions...
- Oral toleranceAna M C Faria
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunol Rev 206:232-59. 2005....
- Oral tolerance: therapeutic implications for autoimmune diseasesAna M C Faria
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, Belo Horizonte, MG 31270 901, Brazil
Clin Dev Immunol 13:143-57. 2006....
- Antigenic dietary protein guides maturation of the host immune system promoting resistance to Leishmania major infection in C57BL/6 miceJoana F Amaral
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Institutode Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federalde Minas Gerais UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Immunology 129:455-64. 2010....