Fernando Ramos Asbahr
- Obsessive-compulsive and related symptoms in children and adolescents with rheumatic fever with and without chorea: a prospective 6-month studyF R Asbahr
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Am J Psychiatry 155:1122-4. 1998..The incidence and course of neuropsychiatric symptoms were determined in pediatric patients with rheumatic fever...
- Case series: increased vulnerability to obsessive-compulsive symptoms with repeated episodes of Sydenham choreaF R Asbahr
Department of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 38:1522-5. 1999..These data suggest that the recurrence of SC episodes may result in a cumulative effect, thus increasing the risk of appearance and intensification of OCS...
- [Anxiety disorders in childhood and adolescence: clinical and neurobiological aspects]Fernando R Asbahr
Departamento de Psiquiatria, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo
J Pediatr (Rio J) 80:S28-34. 2004..The role of the neurobiological models possibly involved in the etiology of these disorders is also discussed...
- Obsessive-compulsive symptoms in adults with history of rheumatic fever, Sydenham's chorea and type I diabetes mellitus: preliminary resultsF R Asbahr
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Psychiatr Scand 111:159-61. 2005..This study investigated the presence of OCS in adults who had RF with or without chorea in childhood...
- Obsessive-compulsive symptoms among patients with Sydenham choreaFernando R Asbahr
Department of Psychiatry, Laboratory of Medical Investigation LIM 23, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Biol Psychiatry 57:1073-6. 2005..We hypothesized that OCS occurring in association with SC would be similar to those among patients with tic disorders...
- Group cognitive-behavioral therapy versus sertraline for the treatment of children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorderFernando Ramos Asbahr
Laboratory of Medical Investigation LIM 23, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1128-36. 2005..To compare the effectiveness of group cognitive-behavioral therapy (GCBT) and of sertraline in treatment-naïve children and adolescents with obsessive-compulsive disorder...
- [Cognitive-behavioral therapy in social phobia]Lígia M Ito
Instituto de Psiquiatria, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 30:s96-s101. 2008..This article reviews relevant aspects of social phobia and the stages of treatment within cognitive-behavioral therapy in children and adolescents, as well as in adults...