- Socioeconomic changes and adolescent psychopathology in a Brazilian birth cohort studyLuciana Anselmi
Postgraduate Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
J Adolesc Health 51:S5-10. 2012..To investigate the effects of socioeconomic changes from birth to 11 years of life on emotional, conduct, and attentional/hyperactivity problems in 15-year-old adolescents, from the 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) birth cohort study...
- [Prevalence and early determinants of common mental disorders in the 1982 birth cohort, Pelotas, Southern Brazil]Luciana Anselmi
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, RS, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 42:26-33. 2008..To estimate the prevalence of common mental disorders and assess its association with risk factors in a cohort of young adults...
- Early determinants of attention and hyperactivity problems in adolescents: the 11-year follow-up of the 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) birth cohort studyLuciana Anselmi
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Dr Pedro Armando Gatti 155, Rio Grande, RS, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 26:1954-62. 2010..Early life events impacted attention and hyperactivity problems in adolescence. Risk factors for attention and hyperactivity problems found in this study were similar to those reported in other cultures...
- Prevalence of psychiatric disorders in a Brazilian birth cohort of 11-year-oldsLuciana Anselmi
Post Graduate Program in Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:135-42. 2010..To estimate the prevalence of psychiatric disorders in preadolescents aged 11-12 years from a birth cohort in a southern Brazilian city...
- Continuity of behavioral and emotional problems from pre-school years to pre-adolescence in a developing countryLuciana Anselmi
Post Graduate Program in Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:499-507. 2008..All previous longitudinal community studies assessing the continuity of child behavioral/emotional problems were conducted in developed countries...
- Gene-environment interaction in externalizing problems among adolescents: evidence from the Pelotas 1993 Birth Cohort StudyChristian Kieling
Department of Psychiatry, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 54:298-304. 2013..The aim of this study was to replicate G × E hypotheses for externalizing problems among adolescents in a middle-income country...
- The impact of sociodemographic conditions on quality of life among adolescents in a Brazilian birth cohort: a longitudinal studyHelen Goncalves
Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Pelotas, Brazil
Rev Panam Salud Publica 28:71-9. 2010..To examine associations between certain aspects of self-reported Quality of Life (QoL) in early adolescence, and gender, skin color, maternal education at birth, and changes in socioeconomic position (SEP) occurring from 0-11 years of age...
- Mental health problems and smoking among adolescents from Southern BrazilAna M B Menezes
Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, RS, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 45:700-5. 2011..To analyze the association between mental health problems and smoking in adolescents...
- [Size at birth and mental health problems at 11 years of age in a Brazilian birth cohort]Erika Alejandra Giraldo Gallo
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 27:1622-32. 2011..The results suggest that early factors that are reflected as size measurements at birth can cause mental health problems later in life...
- DRD4 rare variants in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): further evidence from a birth cohort studyLuciana Tovo-Rodrigues
Genetics Department, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e85164. 2013..These findings provide further evidence for an effect of DRD4 7R rare variants and allelic heterogeneity in ADHD genetic susceptibility. ..
- Smoking in early adolescence: evidence from the 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) Birth Cohort StudyAna M B Menezes
Federal University of Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
J Adolesc Health 39:669-77. 2006..To evaluate the prevalence of tobacco use, and factors associated with it, in early adolescent (aged 10-12 years) participants of the 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) Birth Cohort Study...
- Early determinants of physical activity in adolescence: prospective birth cohort studyPedro C Hallal
Postgraduate Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Pelotas, Duque de Caxias 250 3 piso 96030 002 Pelotas RS, Brazil
BMJ 332:1002-7. 2006..To examine the effects of early social, anthropometric, and behavioural variables on physical activity in adolescence...
- The 11-year follow-up of the 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) birth cohort study: methodsCora Luiza Araujo
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 26:1875-86. 2010..When added to the 141 deaths, these represent 87.5% of the original cohort. In spite of the logistic and financial difficulties, it is possible to carry out prospective studies with long-term follow-up in the Brazilian context...
- Prevalence and comorbidity of psychiatric disorders among 6-year-old children: 2004 Pelotas Birth CohortSandra Petresco
Post Graduate Program in Epidemiology, Federal University of Pelotas, Rua Marechal Deodoro 1160, Pelotas, RS, 96020 220, Brazil
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:975-83. 2014....
- Methodological aspects of the 1993 Pelotas (Brazil) Birth Cohort StudyCesar Gomes Victora
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, RS, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 40:39-46. 2006....
- Psychosocial determinants of behaviour problems in Brazilian preschool childrenLuciana Anselmi
Institute of Psychology, UFRGS, and Post Graduate Programme in Epidemiology, UFPel, Brazil
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:779-88. 2004..This investigation aimed at examining, through an epidemiological study, the social demographic, family and individual determinants of behaviour problems in preschool children...
- Does malocclusion influence the adolescent's satisfaction with appearance? A cross-sectional study nested in a Brazilian birth cohortKaren Glazer Peres
Department of Public Health, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 36:137-43. 2008..To test whether malocclusion had an impact on adolescents' appearance satisfaction regardless of other physical aspects...