Mário Reis Alvares-da-Silva
- Comparison between handgrip strength, subjective global assessment, and prognostic nutritional index in assessing malnutrition and predicting clinical outcome in cirrhotic outpatientsMário Reis Alvares-da-Silva
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Gastroenterology Department, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Nutrition 21:113-7. 2005..This study compared three methods of assessing malnutrition in cirrhotics and correlated nutritional status with clinical outcome...
- [Nutritional assessment in patients with cirrhosis: the use of indirect calorimetry]Catarina Bertaso Andreatta Gottschall
Programa de Pós Graduação, Ciências em Gastroenterologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 41:220-4. 2004..Harris-Benedict prediction formulae estimates the resting energy expenditure but has not been validated for this population. One alternative is the use of indirect calorimetry...
- Comparison between handgrip strength, subjective global assessment, anthropometry, and biochemical markers in assessing nutritional status of patients with Crohn's disease in clinical remissionCeres Maltz Bin
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Rua Ramiro Barcelos, 2350, sala 2033, Porto Alegre, RS 90430 000, Brazil
Dig Dis Sci 55:137-44. 2010..The earlier the PCM is diagnosed, the higher are the odds of reversal. The objective of this study was to compare different methods of nutritional assessment in patients with CD and correlate them with the disease characteristics...
- Infections after liver transplantation in adults: data from a university hospital in southern Brazil (1996-2000)Mônica Vinhas de Souza
Emergency Unit, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 44:128-32. 2007..Infections after liver transplantations are the most important cause of morbi-mortality. In this study, we assessed the main characteristics of these infections in a southern Brazilian university hospital...
- Is there yet any place for reagent strips in diagnosing spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in cirrhotic patients? An accuracy and cost-effectiveness study in BrazilAlexandre de Araujo
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul Gastroenterology, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1895-900. 2008..The objectives of this study are to evaluate the accuracy of reagent strips in diagnosing SBP and compare their costs with total and differential cell counts...