Rita de Cássia Gonçalves Alfenas
- Usual dietary glycemic load is associated with cardiometabolic risk factors in physically active Brazilian middle-aged menPaula G Cocate
Departament of Nutrition and Health Universidade Federal de Viçosa Viçosa Brazil
Nutr Hosp 29:444-51. 2014..The effects of dietary glycemic load (GL) on cardiometabolic risk factors in physically active subjects are not completely known...
- Calcium ingestion and obesity controlD M De Oliveira Freitas
Department of Nutrition and Health, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Nutr Hosp 27:1758-71. 2012..Obesity is a risk factor for other nontransmissible chronic diseases. It has been suggested calcium intake helps to control obesity, but there is no consensus about this...
- Metabolic responses to high glycemic index and low glycemic index meals: a controlled crossover clinical trialPaula G Cocate
Departament of Nutrition and Health, Federal University of Vicosa, Avenida PH Rolfs, S N, Vicosa, Minas Gerais, 36570 000, Brazil
Nutr J 10:1. 2011....
- Effects of protein quality on appetite and energy metabolism in normal weight subjectsRita de Cássia Gonçalves Alfenas
Departamento de Nutrição e Saúde, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 54:45-51. 2010..The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of consumption of different protein sources on food intake and energy expenditure in normal weight subjects...
- [Social-sanitary and lifestyle profile of hypertense and/or diabetics, users of the Family Health Program in the city of Teixeiras, Minas Gerais State]Rosangela Minardi Mitre Cotta
Departamento de Nutrição e Saúde, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG 36570 000
Cien Saude Colet 14:1251-60. 2009....
- [Relationship between nutrition factors and glycemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus]Karla Cristina Queiroz
Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 54:319-25. 2010..To identify nutritional factors that affected the glycemic control of the studied population...