- Characteristics of sexual violence against adolescent girls and adult womenMárcia de Toledo Blake
Laboratório de Delineamento de Estudos e Escrita Científica, Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, 09060 650 Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
BMC Womens Health 14:15. 2014..There is little information about the conditions under which sexual offences occur. We evaluated characteristics of sexual violence against adolescent girls and adult women...
- Association of sexual maturation with excess body weight and height in children and adolescentsJucemar Benedet
Programa de Pós Graduação em Educação Física, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, Santa Catarina 88040900, Florianopolis, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 14:72. 2014..The aim of the study was to analyze the association of sexual maturation with excess body weight and height in children and adolescents...
- Nutritional strategies of physically active subjects with muscle dysmorphiaNadir Contesini
Uniasselvi FAMEBLU, R Dr Pedro Zimmermann, 385 89065 000, Blumenau, SC, Brazil
Int Arch Med 6:25. 2013..The aim of this study was to identify dietary strategies for physically active individuals with muscle dysmorphia based on a systematic literature review...
- Bisphosphonates adherence for treatment of osteoporosisHelena Parente Vieira
Laboratory of Studies Design and Scientific Writing, Faculty of Medicine ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, Santo Andre, SP, 09060 650, Brazil
Int Arch Med 6:24. 2013..The aim of this study was to conduct a systematic review on BPs adherence for treatment of osteoporosis...
- Hydatidiform mole resulting from sexual violenceJefferson Drezett
Laboratório de Escrita Científica, Departamento de Morfologia e Fisiologia, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, 09060 650 Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Int Arch Med 5:8. 2012..abstract:..
- Construct validity of a figure rating scale for Brazilian adolescentsFernando Adami
Departamento de Saúde da Coletividade, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Av, Príncipe de Gales, 821, 09060650, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Nutr J 11:24. 2012..However, it lacks in the literature the validation of the scale for body silhouettes previously adapted. We aimed to obtain evidence for construct validity of a figure rating scale for Brazilian adolescents...
- Childhood and adolescent obesity and adult mortality: a systematic review of cohort studiesFernando Adami
Faculdade de Saude Publica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:s558-68. 2008..Use of BMI and potential confounders were discussed. Further research is needed to analyze the relationship between childhood and adolescent obesity and adult mortality...
- Sensitivity, specificity and predictive values of linear and nonlinear indices of heart rate variability in stable angina patientsFlavio Correa Pivatelli
Serviço de Hemodinâmica e Cardiologia Intervencionista do Hospital de Base Fundação Faculdade Regional de Medicina FUNFARME, de São José do Rio Preto SP and Departamento de Cardiologia e Cirurgia Cardiovascular da Faculdade de Medicina de São José do Rio Preto FAMERP, Av, Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 5416, 15090 000, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil
Int Arch Med 5:31. 2012..abstract:..
- Sidestream cigarette smoke and cardiac autonomic regulationVitor E Valenti
Department of Speech Language and Hearing therapy, Faculty of Philosophy and Sciences, UNESP, Av, Higyno Muzzi Filho, 737, Marilia, SP 17, 525 900, Brazil
Int Arch Med 6:11. 2013..In this study, we performed a literature review in order to investigate the relationship between sidestream cigarette smoke (SSCS) and cardiac autonomic regulation...
- Heart rate variability in stroke patients submitted to an acute bout of aerobic exerciseRodrigo Daminello Raimundo
Faculdade Medicina ABC, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transl Stroke Res 4:488-99. 2013..6±315). These findings suggest that stroke patients showed a reduced HRV during and at least 30 min after exercise, due to an autonomic imbalance reflected by increased indexes that represent the sympathetic nervous system...
- Sidestream cigarette smoke effects on cardiovascular responses in conscious rats: involvement of oxidative stress in the fourth cerebral ventricleVitor E Valenti
Programa de Pós graduação em Fisioterapia, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, UNESP, Presidente Prudente, SP, Brazil
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:22. 2012..We aimed to evaluate the effects of central catalase inhibition on baroreflex and cardiovascular responses in rats exposed to sidestream cigarette smoke (SSCS)...