- [State of the art: high resolution MR imaging of carotid atherosclerotic plaque]
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Radiol 91:185-94. 2010
..The signal characteristics of the different components of plaque on high resolution MRI then be reviewed. Finally, current morphological and functional criteria for unstable plaque will be discussed...
- Acute chest pain with normal coronary angiogram: role of contrast-enhanced multidetector computed tomography in the differential diagnosis between myocarditis and myocardial infarction
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:228-32. 2008
..To evaluate the accuracy of delayed-enhanced multidetector computed tomography (MSCT) for differentiating between myocarditis and myocardial infarction in patients with normal x-ray coronary angiography...
- Monitoring serial change in the lumen and outer wall of vertebrobasilar aneurysms
Radiology Service, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:259-64. 2008
..In this report we describe the use of MR imaging and 3D postprocessing methods to study the evolution of those aneurysms...
- Aneurysm growth occurs at region of low wall shear stress: patient-specific correlation of hemodynamics and growth in a longitudinal study
Department of Radiology, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, USA 94121, USA
Stroke 39:2997-3002. 2008
..Low wall shear stress (WSS) has been reported to have a negative effect on endothelial cells normal physiology and may be an important contributor to local remodeling of the arterial wall and to aneurysm growth and rupture...
- The reliability of high resolution MRI in the measurement of early stage carotid wall thickening
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA, and Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine Rhône Alpes, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:771-6. 2007
- Ischemic stroke: etiologic work-up with multidetector CT of heart and extra- and intracranial arteries
Department of Radiology, Louis Pradel Hospital, 28 Av Doyen Lepine, 69500 Bron, France
Radiology 258:206-12. 2011
..To assess the potential of a single-session multidetector computed tomography (CT) protocol, as compared with established methods, for the etiologic work-up of acute ischemic stroke...
- Phase-contrast magnetic resonance imaging measurements in intracranial aneurysms in vivo of flow patterns, velocity fields, and wall shear stress: comparison with computational fluid dynamics
Radiology Service, VA Medical Center, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
Magn Reson Med 61:409-17. 2009
..These results indicate that 7D-MRV can be used in vivo to measure velocity flow fields and for estimating MSS and WSS. Currently, however, this method cannot accurately quantify the latter two parameters...
- Atherosclerotic plaque progression in carotid arteries: monitoring with high-spatial-resolution MR imaging--multicenter trial
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Radiology 252:789-96. 2009
..To estimate the annualized rate of progression of vessel-wall volume in the carotid arteries in 160 patients by using magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and to establish the fraction of studies that have acceptable image quality...
- 4D time-resolved magnetic resonance angiography for noninvasive assessment of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations patency
Department of Radiology, Louis Pradel Hospital, CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5515, INSERM U630, Lyon, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 32:1110-6. 2010
..To assess the capability of four-dimensional (4D) time-resolved magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to assess pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs) patency by analyzing pulmonary arterial and venous enhancement kinetics...
- Assessment of acute myocardial infarction using MDCT after percutaneous coronary intervention: comparison with MRI
Department of Radiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:441-7. 2008
- Endovascular repair of lesions involving the descending thoracic aorta. Mid-term morphological changes
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Louis Pradel University Hospital, Lyon, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:595-9. 2008
..Therefore, continued surveillance of patients treated with stent-grafts is necessary...
- Noninvasive assessment of the prevalence and characteristics of coronary atherosclerotic plaques by multidetector computed tomography in asymptomatic type 2 diabetic patients at high risk of significant coronary artery disease: a preliminary study
Department of Cardiovascular Imaging, Louis Pradel Hospital, LRMN Creatis, UMR CNRS 5515, INSERM U630, Claude Bernard University, Lyon 1, 28 Avenue du Doyen Jean Lépine, 69500 Lyon, France
Arch Cardiovasc Dis 102:607-15. 2009
..There is a need to identify diabetic patients at risk of cardiovascular events before symptom onset...
- Temporal stability of dysmorphic fusiform aneurysms of the intracranial internal carotid artery
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 22:1007-11. 2011
- Numerical simulations of flow in cerebral aneurysms: comparison of CFD results and in vivo MRI measurements
Vitaliy L Rayz
Radiology Service, VA Medical Center San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Biomech Eng 130:051011. 2008
..The results demonstrate the clinical relevance of computational models and suggest that realistic patient-specific flow conditions are required for numerical simulations of the flow in aneurysmal blood vessels...
- Modified electrocardiograph-triggered black-blood turbo spin-echo technique to improve T1-weighting in contrast-enhanced MRI of atherosclerotic carotid arteries
Department of Radiology, Hopital Louis Pradel, Bron, Lyon, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:533-7. 2008
- High-resolution magnetic resonance imaging of carotid atherosclerosis identifies vulnerable carotid plaques
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Lyon, Lyon, France
J Vasc Surg 57:1046-1051.e2. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to assess carotid MRI features of vulnerable plaque in a large study and the changes in carotid plaque morphology with respect to time since the neurological event...
- Acute myocardial infarction: early CT aspects of myocardial microcirculation obstruction after percutaneous coronary intervention
Department of Radiology, Louis Pradel Hospital, CREATIS, CNRS UMR 5220, INSERM U1044, Lyon, France
Eur Radiol 23:2405-12. 2013
- Endovascular repair of localized pathological lesions of the descending thoracic aorta: midterm results
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Louis Pradel, Lyon, France
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:628-37. 2007
..5% (n = 19). We conclude that endovascular treatment of the various localized diseases of the descending thoracic aorta is a promising, feasible, alternative technique to open surgery in well-selected patients...
- Asymptomatic false aneurysm of the right coronary sinus treated by a reimplantation valve sparing technique
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Universite Claude Bernard, Inserm UMR886, Louis Pradel Hospital, Bron, France
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 9:720-1. 2009
..A complete resection of the aortic root and a reimplantation technique were performed. Herein, we describe the technical approach and immediate follow-up...
- Reperfusion is a more accurate predictor of follow-up infarct volume than recanalization: a proof of concept using CT in acute ischemic stroke patients
Bruno P Soares
Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology Section, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0628, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Stroke 41:e34-40. 2010
- Carotid plaque high-resolution MRI at 3 T: evaluation of a new imaging score for symptomatic plaque assessment
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, Lyon, France
Magn Reson Imaging 30:1424-31. 2012
- Isolated floating thrombus of the thoracic aorta: a rare sign of traumatic aortic injury managed with anticoagulant therapy
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Imaging, Louis Pradel Hospital, Bron, France
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1766. 2007
- Focus on echocardiographic and Doppler analysis of coronary artery abnormal origin from the pulmonary trunk with mild myocardial dysfunction
Pierre Yves Courand
Department of Congenital Heart Disease, Louis Pradel Hospital, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Echocardiography 30:829-36. 2013
..Our objective was to describe presentation, cardiovascular imaging methods for diagnosis and outcomes of patients with late presentation of ACAP...
- Measurement of two-dimensional movement parameters of the carotid artery wall for early detection of arteriosclerosis: a preliminary clinical study
UniversitÃ© de Lyon, CREATIS, CNRS UMR 5220, INSERM U1044, INSA Lyon, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 37:1421-9. 2011
..The method introduced in this feasibility study might constitute a pertinent approach to assess the presence of early-stage arteriosclerosis by the noninvasive estimation of the 2-D motion of the intima-media complex in the CCA...
- Flow residence time and regions of intraluminal thrombus deposition in intracranial aneurysms
V L Rayz
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 38:3058-69. 2010
..A model including both low WSS and increased RT predicted thrombus-prone regions significantly better than the models with RT or WSS alone...
- Numerical modeling of the flow in intracranial aneurysms: prediction of regions prone to thrombus formation
V L Rayz
Radiology Service, VA Medical Center San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 36:1793-804. 2008
..A similarity was also found between the calculated low shear stress regions and the regions that were later observed to clot...
- Dose and image quality comparison between prospectively gated axial and retrospectively gated helical coronary CT angiography
Hopital Cardio Vasculaire et Pneumologique Louis Pradel, Bron, France
Br J Radiol 84:51-7. 2011
..Our aim was to compare image quality, coronary segment assessability and radiation dose in prospectively gated axial (PGA) coronary CT angiography (CTA) and conventional retrospectively gated helical (RGH) coronary CTA...
- Clinical and histological significance of gadolinium enhancement in carotid atherosclerotic plaque
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Lyon, Lyon University, Lyon, France
Stroke 43:3023-8. 2012
..We evaluated clinical and histological significance of Gd enhancement of carotid plaque in patients undergoing endarterectomy for carotid stenosis...
- Multidetector computed tomography in reperfused acute myocardial infarction. Assessment of infarct size and no-reflow in comparison with cardiac magnetic resonance imaging
Department of Radiology, University of Marseille Méditerranée CHU la Timone, Marseille Cedex 05, France
Invest Radiol 43:773-81. 2008
- Evaluation of image quality of DWIBS versus DWI sequences in thoracic MRI at 3T
Department of Radiology, Centre Hospitalier de la Croix Rousse, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France Electronic address
Magn Reson Imaging 32:1237-41. 2014
..To compare diffusion weighted imaging with background suppression (DWIBS) sequence with classic spectral diffusion sequence (DWI) with and without respiratory gating in mediastinal lymph node analysis at 3T...
- Removing streak artifacts from ECG-gated reconstructions using deconvolution
Universite de Lyon, CREATIS, INSA Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, Villeurbanne Cedex, France
J Xray Sci Technol 22:253-70. 2014
..In these conditions, the Feldkamp, Davis and Kress method (FDK) generates large streak artifacts in the reconstructed volumes, hampering the medical interpretation. These artifacts can be substantially reduced by deconvolution methods...
- Effect of pulmonary valve replacement on left ventricular function in patients with tetralogy of Fallot
Department of Radiology, Louis Pradel Hospital, CREATIS, UMR CNRS 5520, INSERM U1044, Lyon, France
Am J Cardiol 110:1828-35. 2012
..In conclusion, the results of the present study have demonstrated a significant improvement in LV ejection fraction after PVR that correlated with the pre-PVR RV-EDV but was independent of IVS motion improvement...
- Determination of the myocardial area at risk with pre- versus post-reperfusion imaging techniques in the pig model
Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles Cardiovasculaires, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Lyon, France
Basic Res Cardiol 106:1247-57. 2011
..Pre-reperfusion arterial enhanced MDCT showed the greatest accuracy for the assessment of the AAR...
- Swallowing, arterial pulsation, and breathing induce motion artifacts in carotid artery MRI
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Center, Lyon, France
J Magn Reson Imaging 23:413-5. 2006
..To identify and quantify the potential sources of motion in carotid artery imaging...
- High-resolution MRI of isolated intraluminal clot of the common carotid artery
Neurology 68:788. 2007
- Should a reimplantation valve sparing procedure be done systematically in type A aortic dissection?
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Universite Claude Bernard, INSERM E0226, Louis Pradel Hospital, Bron, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:36-41. 2007
..To evaluate the risks and benefits of a systematic reimplantation valve sparing procedure in the surgical treatment of type A aortic dissection (TAAD)...
- Optimal brain perfusion CT coverage in patients with acute middle cerebral artery stroke
A D Furtado
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:691-5. 2010
- Endovascular repair of the descending thoracic aorta: mid-term results and evaluation of magnetic resonance angiography
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Louis Pradel Hospital, Claude Bernard University INSERM E0226, Bron, France
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:1-6. 2007
..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the mid-term results of the Talent stent-graft in the different indications of aortic disease and the use of magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in the diagnosis of complications...