- Identification and characterization of cholest-4-en-3-one, oxime (TRO19622), a novel drug candidate for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Trophos, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Marseille Cedex, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:709-20. 2007
..TRO19622 may have therapeutic potential for ALS and other motor neuron and neurodegenerative diseases...
- TRO40303, a new cardioprotective compound, inhibits mitochondrial permeability transition
Trophos S A, Luminy Biotech Entreprises, Marseille, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 333:696-706. 2010
..Its efficacy in an animal model of myocardial infarctions makes TRO40303 a promising new drug for the reduction of cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Targeting neuroprotection as an alternative approach to preventing and treating neuropathic pain
Trophos, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Luminy Biotech Entreprises, 13288 Marseille, France
Neurotherapeutics 6:648-62. 2009
..Identifying mechanisms of neurodegeneration and designing neuroprotective therapies is an ambitious goal toward treating or even preventing the development of these disabling disorders...
- Drug discovery and development for spinal muscular atrophy: lessons from screening approaches and future challenges for clinical development
Rebecca M Pruss
Trophos, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Case 931, 13288 Marseille, France
Future Med Chem 2:1429-40. 2010
..SMA clinical trials are now a reality; however, trial design in a slowly progressing rare disease such as SMA will present an interesting future challenge...
- Olesoxime protects embryonic cortical neurons from camptothecin intoxication by a mechanism distinct from BDNF
Trophos, Marseille, France
Br J Pharmacol 168:1975-88. 2013
- Specific antinociceptive activity of cholest-4-en-3-one, oxime (TRO19622) in experimental models of painful diabetic and chemotherapy-induced neuropathy
Trophos, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Luminy Biotech Entreprises, Case 931, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:623-32. 2008
..These results support the potential use of TRO19622 to treat painful diabetic and chemotherapy-induced neuropathies...
- Neuromuscular defects and breathing disorders in a new mouse model of spinal muscular atrophy
Trophos, Parc Scientifique de Luminy, Luminy Biotech Entreprise, Case 931, 13288 Marseille, France
Neurobiol Dis 38:125-35. 2010
..With median survival of 15 days and postnatal onset of neurodegeneration, these mice could be an important tool for evaluating new therapeutics...
- In vivo electrotransfer of the cardiotrophin-1 gene into skeletal muscle slows down progression of motor neuron degeneration in pmn mice
Jeanne Claire Lesbordes
Département de génétique, Developpement et Pathologie Moleculaire, Institut Cochin, INSERM, CNRS, Universite Rene Descartes, 24 rue du Faubourg St Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 11:1615-25. 2002
..We therefore demonstrate for the first time the therapeutic efficacy of neonatal intramuscular DNA injection/electroporation in a murine model of a human hereditary disorder...
- Protection against liver damage by cardiotrophin-1: a hepatocyte survival factor up-regulated in the regenerating liver in rats
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology and Gene Therapy, Clinica Universitaria and Medical School, University of Navarra
Gastroenterology 125:192-201. 2003
..In this study, we investigated the expression of CT-1 by liver cells and its possible hepatoprotective properties...