- Reliability of the 34βE12, keratin 5/6, p63, bcl-2, and AMACR in the diagnosis of prostate carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Medical Faculty, Bolu, Turkey
Urol Oncol 29:614-23. 2011
..In this study, we aimed to investigate which basal cell marker should be used with α-methylacyl coenzyme A racemase (AMACR) to increase diagnostic accuracy in the diagnosis of prostate carcinoma...
- Multinodular leiomyoma of the esophagus with internodular hydropic degeneration and bulbous serosal protrusions similar to cotyledonoid uterine leiomyoma
Department of Pathology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Bolu, Turkey
Dis Esophagus 20:187-9. 2007
..Based on the clinical diagnosis, total gastrectomy with distal esophagectomy was performed. Histologic appearance of the resected specimen was consistent with leiomyoma which had a multinodular growth pattern...
- The effect of zinc therapy on damaged testis in pre-pubertal rats
Department of Pathology, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Abant Izzet Baysal University, 14280 Bolu, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 20:444-8. 2004
- Correlation of proliferating cell nuclear antigen and bcl-2 expression with tumor front grading and metastasis in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Izzet Baysal Medical Facility, Bolu, Turkey
Neoplasma 50:139-43. 2003
..Bcl-2 expression did not associate with either parameters. In conclusion, PCNA is important in predicting prognosis and no association is present between the bcl-2 protein expression and prognostic factors...
- Collision tumour of trichofolliculoma and basal cell carcinoma
Department of Pathology, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Australas J Dermatol 48:127-9. 2007
..There was no transitional zone between the two neoplasms. The diagnosis was made as a collision tumour of trichofolliculoma and basal cell carcinoma...
- Heterotopic gastric mucosa in gallbladder associated with kidney agenesis and congenital hip dysplasia
Department of General Surgery, Abant Izzet Baysal University Medical School, Turkey
Acta Clin Belg 62:120-2. 2007
..We discussed the clinical and histologic features of heterotopic gastric tissues and reviewed reported cases in the literature...
- The effect of zinc aspartate pretreatment on ischemia-reperfusion injury and early changes of blood and tissue antioxidant enzyme activities after unilateral testicular torsion-detorsion
K U Ozkan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Kahramanmaraş Sütçümam University, Medical Faculty, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 39:91-5. 2004
..The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of zinc aspartate (ZA) pretreatment on ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury and blood and tissue antioxidant enzyme activity early after unilateral testicular torsion-detorsion (T/D)...
- Two maxillary lesions containing bony/calcified shells
Department of Radiology, Izzet Baysal School of Medicine, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Bolu, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 38:296-300. 2009
..Diagnoses of a residual radicular cyst in one case and a calcified mucocoele (which is very rare) in the other case were predicted with the help of radiological findings and were confirmed surgically and histopathologically...
- Huge cystic mandibular mass
Y Kenan Coban
Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 96:253-7. 2003
- Pai syndrome: an adult patient with bifid nose and frontal hairline marker
Y Kenan Coban
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, School of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, 46050 Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:325-8. 2003
..Magnetic resonance imaging showed pericallosal lipoma. No mental retardation was present, and a chromosomal study showed normal male 46, XY karyotype...
- Association of extent and aggressiveness of inflammation with serum PSA levels and PSA density in asymptomatic patients
Department of Urology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Bolu, Turkey
Urology 70:743-7. 2007
- Eyelid involvement in acanthosis nigricans: the importance of systemic screening
Department of Ophthalmology, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Bolu, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:403-4. 2005
..Ophthalmologists should be aware of the possibility that acanthosis nigricans can exist in the periocular area and perform a systemic assessment of the patient for the presence of an underlying condition...
- Lipoma arborescens of the suprapatellar bursa and extensor digitorum longus tendon sheath: report of 2 cases
Department of Radiology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Izzet Baysal School of Medicine, 14280 Golkoy, Bolu, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 26:1427-33. 2007
..The usual clinical presentation is painless swelling. The aim of this series was to emphasize the importance of gray scale and color Doppler sonography through the investigation of chronic joint swelling...
- Giant condylomata accuminata of scrotum representing as carcinoma (a case report)
Urology Clinics of Abant Izzet Baysal School of Medicine, Bolu, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 38:659-61. 2006
..A wide surgical resection of the lesion was done with the hystopathologic diagnosis of condyloma accuminata. He was followed for 12 months with satisfactory functional and cosmetic result with no recurrence with the time being...
- Lipoid proteinosis: an unusual presentation with verruca vulgaris
Ali Haydar Parlak
Department of Dermatology, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Turkey
J Dermatol 32:751-5. 2005
..To our knowledge, this case is the first and only one described in the literature. In this presentation, we discuss the possibility of predisposition to Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infections in LP...
- Tuberculosis of the knee in a child
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Medical Faculty of University of Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Trop Pediatr 50:182-4. 2004
..We report a 9-year-old patient with a history of 2 years of swollen joint, with a diagnosis of tuberculosis of the knee with involvement of the proximal tibial epiphysis, and treated surgically and with anti-tuberculosis drug therapy...
- Pityriasis rosea-like eruption due to pneumococcal vaccine in a child with nephrotic syndrome
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Dermatol 30:245-7. 2003
..It has not previously been documented to develop after pneumococcal vaccination. We report a case of pityriasis rosea-like eruption that developed following pneumococcal vaccination in a child with nephrotic syndrome...
- Psoriasis vulgaris and Poland's syndrome in the same patient
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcuimam University, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Dermatol 29:773-5. 2002
..A 19-year-old female with Poland's syndrome having psoriatic plaques on her trunk, knees, and elbows is reported in this paper. Such an association of Poland's syndrome with psoriasis has not been described previously...