- Suicidal ideation and risk factors in primary care patients with anxiety disorders
SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, CA 92037, USA
Psychiatry Res 209:60-5. 2013
..Results highlight the complex determinants of suicidal behavior and the need for more nuanced suicide assessment in this population, including evaluation of comorbidity and general functioning. ..
- A consideration of select pre-trauma factors as key vulnerabilities in PTSD
San Diego State University University of California, San Diego, Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, La Jolla, CA, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 32:630-41. 2012
..For each factor, the present review summarizes evidence to date regarding PTSD vulnerability and highlights directions for future research in this area...
- The relationship between cognitive control and posttraumatic stress symptoms
San Diego State University University of California, San Diego Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 43:844-8. 2012
..By this account, the relationship between cognitive control and emotional disorders would be specific to symptoms associated with intrusive cognitions, such as re-experiencing symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Working memory capacity in generalized social phobia
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University and University of California, San Diego, CA 92120 4913, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 120:504-9. 2011
..This enhanced working memory capacity for threat-relevant information may be the result of practice with this information in generalized social phobia...
- Malleability of attentional bias for positive emotional information and anxiety vulnerability
Charles T Taylor
SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, CA, USA
Emotion 11:127-38. 2011
..The current findings point to the potential value of considering the role of positive emotional processing in anxiety vulnerability...
- Emerging interventions for PTSD: future directions for clinical care and research
Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, University of California, San Diego, USA
Neuropharmacology 62:607-16. 2012
..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder'...
- The theoretical and empirical basis for meditation as an intervention for PTSD
Ariel J Lang
VA San Diego Healthcare System VASDHS, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Behav Modif 36:759-86. 2012
..Empirical evidence of the efficacy of meditation for PTSD is very limited but holds some promise. Additional evaluation of meditation-based treatment appears to be warranted...