- Adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency
Association pour l Utilisation du Rein Artificiel and Inserm U970, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 7:1521-7. 2012
..This review summarizes the genetic and metabolic mechanisms underlying stone formation and renal disease, along with the diagnosis and management of APRT deficiency...
- Renal biopsy practice in France: results of a nationwide study
Paris Descartes University, APHP, Department of Nephrology and Transplantation, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:3579-85. 2010
..Practices vary widely among nephrologists, depending on personal experience and the availability of particular techniques. The purpose of our study was to depict the main aspects of the practice of RB in adults in France...
- [Renal biopsy practice: results of a French study and recommendations]
UMR970, INSERM, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 8:168-76. 2012
..Our working group, appointed by the scientific commission of the Société de néphrologie in France, aimed to depict the main aspects of the practice of RB in adults in France, before establishing some guidelines...
- Phenotype and genotype characterization of adenine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency
Department of Nephrology, Centre de Référence des Maladies Rénales Héréditaires, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:679-88. 2010
..Early diagnosis is crucial for initiation of effective treatment with allopurinol and for prevention of renal complications...
- Thrombotic microangiopathy secondary to VEGF pathway inhibition by sunitinib
APHP, Service de Néphrologie Adulte, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:682-5. 2009
..The patient was given irbesartan, and sunitinib was continued for 3 months after diagnosis. Over this period, blood pressure and renal function remained stable and proteinuria became undetectable...
- Nephronophthisis related to homozygous NPHP1 gene deletion as a cause of chronic renal failure in adults
Department of Nephrology, Paris 5 University, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2660-3. 2006
- Plasma exchange for disseminated cryptococcosis
Department of Nephrology, AP HP, Hopital Necker, Universite Paris V, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 53:673-6. 2009
..We report a peculiar case of disseminated cryptococcosis complicated by acute renal failure associated with obstruction of intrarenal capillaries by Cryptococus neoformans dead bodies and successfully treated with plasma exchanges...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in UMOD-related kidney disease: a human pathologic study
Service d Anatomopathologie, Paris, France
Am J Kidney Dis 59:117-21. 2012
..Our observations support the hypothesis that ER accumulation of mutant uromodulin may cause ER stress, providing a potential mechanism for the progression of UMOD-related kidney disease...
- Presentation of HIV-associated nephropathy and outcome in HAART-treated patients
Department of Nephrology, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1114-21. 2012
..The purpose of our study was to describe the presentation and outcome of HIVAN in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- High-dosage intravenous immunoglobulin-associated macrovacuoles are associated with chronic tubulointerstitial lesion worsening in renal transplant recipients
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Necker, APHP, and Université René Descartes, Paris, France
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1461-8. 2008
..Intravenous immunoglobulins (IVIg) may induce acute renal failure associated with tubular vacuolization. Although the use of IVIg is increasing in kidney transplantation, their impact on graft histology and function remains unknown...