- The operative management of osteoporotic fractures of the knee: to fix or replace?
E R Bohm
Concordia Hip and Knee Institute, 301 1155 Concordia Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2K 2M9, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:1160-9. 2012
..Early TKR can be considered for those patients with pre-existing arthritis, bicondylar femoral fractures, those who would be unable to comply with weight-bearing restrictions, or where a single definitive procedure is required...
- The effect of adding tobramycin to Simplex P cement on femoral stem micromotion as measured by radiostereometric analysis: a 2-year randomized controlled trial
Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Concordia Hip and Knee Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Acta Orthop 83:115-20. 2012
..However, no clinical studies have compared the performance of tobramycin-laden bone cement with that of standard bone cement (Simplex P)...
- The Canadian Joint Replacement Registry-what have we learned?
Eric R Bohm
Canadian Joint Replacement Registry and Section of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
Acta Orthop 81:119-21. 2010
..As the CJRR continues to mature, we are optimistic that it will provide clinically important information on the wide range of factors that affect arthroplasty outcome...
- Experience with physician assistants in a Canadian arthroplasty program
Eric R Bohm
The Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
Can J Surg 53:103-8. 2010
..We also describe the costs, time savings for surgeons and the effects on surgical throughput and waiting times...
- Biochemical analyses of human osteoarthritic and periprosthetic synovial fluid
Leah E Guenther
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 228:127-39. 2014
..The clinical data provided should be used to better define the composition of a more clinically relevant lubricant for orthopaedic wear testing. ..
- An energy dissipation and cross shear time dependent computational wear model for the analysis of polyethylene wear in total knee replacements
Sean T O'Brien
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Biomech 47:1127-33. 2014
..The proposed time dependent - energy dissipation wear model resulted in improved accuracy for the prediction of pin-on-disk and knee simulator wear test results compared with several previously published wear models. ..
- Clinical failure analysis of contemporary ceramic-on-ceramic total hip replacements
Jan M Brandt
Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 227:833-46. 2013
..9% (a total of 9 out of 815 patients were revised within 10 years after total hip arthroplasty) with revision as the end point, suggesting their safe use in younger patients. ..