- The operative management of osteoporotic fractures of the knee: to fix or replace?
E R Bohm
Concordia Hip and Knee Institute, 301 1155 Concordia Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R2K 2M9, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 94:1160-9. 2012
..Early TKR can be considered for those patients with pre-existing arthritis, bicondylar femoral fractures, those who would be unable to comply with weight-bearing restrictions, or where a single definitive procedure is required...
- The effect of adding tobramycin to Simplex P cement on femoral stem micromotion as measured by radiostereometric analysis: a 2-year randomized controlled trial
Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Concordia Hip and Knee Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Acta Orthop 83:115-20. 2012
..However, no clinical studies have compared the performance of tobramycin-laden bone cement with that of standard bone cement (Simplex P)...
- The Canadian Joint Replacement Registry-what have we learned?
Eric R Bohm
Canadian Joint Replacement Registry and Section of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
Acta Orthop 81:119-21. 2010
..As the CJRR continues to mature, we are optimistic that it will provide clinically important information on the wide range of factors that affect arthroplasty outcome...
- Experience with physician assistants in a Canadian arthroplasty program
Eric R Bohm
The Division of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
Can J Surg 53:103-8. 2010
..We also describe the costs, time savings for surgeons and the effects on surgical throughput and waiting times...
- Biochemical analyses of human osteoarthritic and periprosthetic synovial fluid
Leah E Guenther
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 228:127-39. 2014
..The clinical data provided should be used to better define the composition of a more clinically relevant lubricant for orthopaedic wear testing. ..
- The biochemical characteristics of wear testing lubricants affect polyethylene wear in orthopaedic pin-on-disc testing
Leah E Guenther
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 229:77-90. 2015
..It was suggested that phosphate buffered saline solution be used as the dilutive media of choice in order to better differentiate the ranking of materials while maintaining some clinical relevance. ..
- An energy dissipation and cross shear time dependent computational wear model for the analysis of polyethylene wear in total knee replacements
Sean T O'Brien
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Biomech 47:1127-33. 2014
..The proposed time dependent - energy dissipation wear model resulted in improved accuracy for the prediction of pin-on-disk and knee simulator wear test results compared with several previously published wear models. ..
- Clinical failure analysis of contemporary ceramic-on-ceramic total hip replacements
Jan M Brandt
Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 227:833-46. 2013
..9% (a total of 9 out of 815 patients were revised within 10 years after total hip arthroplasty) with revision as the end point, suggesting their safe use in younger patients. ..