Adriana A Boersma
- Contraception and induced abortion in the West Indies: a reviewA A Boersma
West Indian Med J 60:564-70. 2011..We present results of a literature review about the attitude of healthcare providers and women toward (emergency) contraception and induced abortion, prevalence, methods and juridical aspects of induced abortion and prevention policies...
- Termination of pregnancy in Curaçao: need for improvement of sexual and reproductive healthcareAdriana Boersma
Glob J Health Sci 4:30-8. 2012..This paper is about the prevalence of TOP and about its health complications. These data on TOP are officially unknown but are suspected to be rather high...
- Attitude toward contraception and abortion among Curaçao women. Ineffective contraception due to limited sexual education?Maaike J van den Brink
Department of General Practice, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
BMC Fam Pract 12:55. 2011..We present data on the relevance of economic and socio-cultural factors for the high abortion-rates and the ineffective use of contraception...
- Medical abortion in primary care: pitfalls and benefitsA A Boersma
West Indian Med J 58:610-3. 2009..In Curaçao, where abortion is legally restricted, medical abortion is performed with methotrexate and misoprostol. In countries where abortion is legal, mifepristone and misoprostol are the first choice...
- Mifepristone followed by home administration of buccal misoprostol for medical abortion up to 70 days of amenorrhoea in a general practice in CuraçaoAdriana A Boersma
General Practice, Curacao
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 16:61-6. 2011..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of home administration of buccal misoprostol after mifepristone for medical abortion up to 70 days' gestation in a general practice in Curaçao, where induced abortion is severely restricted by law...