Affiliation: Boehringer Ingelheim
- The role of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta in schizophreniaEliza Koros
Department of CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co, Biberach, Germany
Drug News Perspect 20:437-45. 2007..This article reviews the evidence supporting the possible role of aberrant GSK-3beta in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia and thus suggesting GSK-3beta to be a potential therapeutic target for this disorder...
- The selective mGlu5 receptor antagonist MTEP, similar to NMDA receptor antagonists, induces social isolation in ratsEliza Koros
Department of CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:562-76. 2007..These data demonstrate that social behavior deficits in rats can be caused by both the blockade of the NMDA receptor and the inhibition of mGluR5, whereas mGluR5 antagonists may not independently be able to mimic the positive symptoms...
- Continuous dopaminergic stimulation by pramipexole is effective to treat early morning akinesia in animal models of Parkinson's disease: A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic study using in vivo microdialysis in ratsBoris Ferger
CNS Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Strasse 65, 88397 Biberach, Germany
Synapse 64:533-41. 2010..The present study demonstrates that PPX-CR may offer a higher therapeutic benefit than PPX-IR on early morning akinesia and confirms earlier reports that PPX-IR reverses motor impairment for several hours...
- Functional interaction of metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 and NMDA-receptor by a metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 positive allosteric modulatorHolger Rosenbrock
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Dept of CNS Diseases Research, Birkendorfer Strasse 65, 88397 Biberach, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 639:40-6. 2010....
- Effect of chronic intermittent restraint stress on hippocampal expression of marker proteins for synaptic plasticity and progenitor cell proliferation in ratsHolger Rosenbrock
Department of CNS Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Strasse 65, D 88397 Biberach, Germany
Brain Res 1040:55-63. 2005..The results might contribute to understand the relationship between stress and cellular neurobiology of depression, since chronic antidepressant treatment have been shown to increase adult neurogenesis in the rat hippocampus...
- Effects of 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine lesion of the dorsal raphe nucleus on ethanol discrimination in the ratEliza Koros
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology of the Nervous System, Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, 9 Sobieskiego St, PL 02957 Warsaw, Poland
Alcohol 36:107-15. 2005..05-0.4 mg/kg), did not produce significant increase in ethanol-appropriate responding in either group. These results may indicate that 5-HT neurons of the DRN are not critically involved in ethanol discrimination in the rat...