- NexGen(®) LPS mobile bearing total knee arthroplasty: 10-year results
c o Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, AO CTO M, Adelaide Hospital, Via Zuretti 29, 10126, Turin, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 22:1786-92. 2014
..This study prospectively evaluates the cumulative survivorship, clinical, radiographic results, and complications of a large series of MB TKAs in relation to patient age, sex, severity of arthritis, and patellar resurfacing...
- Comparison of fixed and mobile-bearing total knee arthroplasty at a mean follow-up of 116 months
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, AO CTO M Adelaide Hospital, Torino, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:e83. 2013
..The superiority of mobile-bearing total knee arthroplasty implants over fixed-bearing implants, or vice versa, is still debated...
- Rotating-hinge total knee for revision total knee arthroplasty
Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Health Medicine, CTO M, Adelaide Hospital, Via Zuretti 29, 10126 Turin, Italy
Orthopedics 35:e325-30. 2012
..They are not at higher risk for early loosening unless short tibial stems are used. The high percentage of failures is more related to the complex surgery and to the status of the patients than to the hinged mechanism...
- Dislocation rate after hip arthroplasty within the first postoperative year: 36 mm versus 28 mm femoral heads
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, CTO Hospital, Turin, Italy
Hip Int 21:559-64. 2011
..Therefore, the use of 36-mm heads can reduce the risk of dislocation following THA by a factor of 8 compared to conventional 28 mm heads...
- Modular cementless cup for total hip arthroplasty: results at 4-year follow-up
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, CTO M Adelaide Hospital, Turin, Italy
Musculoskelet Surg 96:89-94. 2012
..005). The study, whose rationale is the novelty of this kind of implant, suggests the efficacy of the Delta-PF acetabular cup...
- Results with 98 Endo-Modell rotating hinge prostheses for primary knee arthroplasty
Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology and Rehabilitation, CTO M Adelaide Hospital, University of Turin, Via Zuretti 29, 10126 Torino, Italy
Orthopedics 36:e746-52. 2013
..However, the overall failure rate was higher than that of unhinged implants; therefore, this prosthesis is recommended for cases of instability and revision rather than primary knee arthroplasty...
- Operative Management of Sciatic Nerve Palsy due to Impingement on the Metal Cage after Total Hip Revision: Case Report
Department of Orthopedics, Traumatology, and HM, CTO M Adelaide Hospital, Turin, Italy
Case Report Med 2011:830296. 2011
..The nerve was isolated, released from the fibrotic tissue and from the impingement, and was protected with a muscular flap. The recover from the pain was immediate, while the palsy recovered one month later...
- Adult congenital permanent bilateral dislocation of the patella with full knee function: case report and literature review
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, CTO Hospital, Via Zuretti 29, 10126 Turin, Italy
Case Report Med 2012:182795. 2012
..During the surgery we performed just a selective arthroscopic meniscectomy, without correcting patella dislocation, because the condition was unusually asymptomatic before the trauma...
- Non-reducible knee dislocation with interposition of the vastus medialis muscle
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, CTO M Adelaide Hospital, Turin, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 12:115-8. 2011
..The decision to treat only the posterior lesions and allow the healing of the front ones by rehabilitation treatment was supported by full functional recovery and return to sports activity...