- [Good response of scleromyxedema and dermato-neuro syndrome to treatment with intravenous immunoglobulins]
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 103:317-20. 2012
..Both patients responded well to treatment with high-dose intravenous immunoglobulins. We suggest this therapy as a suitable first-line treatment for scleromyxedema and for its neurological complications...
- Cutaneous lupus erythematosus on the elbows: a peculiar localization
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autòmoma de Barcelona, Spain
Lupus 21:84-8. 2012
..The presence of lesions limited to the elbows as expression of a cutaneous lupus erythematosus (CLE) is very unusual...
- Population-based incidence of basal cell carcinoma in a Spanish Mediterranean area
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Carretera del Canyet s n, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Dermatol 161:1341-6. 2009
..Considering the latitude of Spain, the reported age-adjusted incidence rates of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) in this country, similar to those of Northern Europe, are lower than expected...
- [New autoantibodies in dermatomyositis]
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital Universitario Germans Trias i Pujol, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Barcelona, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 100:182-9. 2009
..The identification of target antigens that are recognized by these antibodies is essential for a better understanding of the pathogenesis of these diseases...
- Generalized nevus spilus and nevus anemicus in a patient with a primary lymphedema: a new type of phakomatosis pigmentovascularis?
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 15:293-5. 1998
..We believe that this association does not reflect the merely coincidental coexistence of three kinds of anomalies but that it may represent a new type of phakomatosis pigmentovascularis...
- Keratotsis punctata of the palmar creases: report of two cases associated with ichthyosis vulgaris
Department of Dermatology, Hospital de Figueres, Figueres, Spain
Br J Dermatol 141:551-3. 1999
..Treatment with oral etretinate resulted in a good improvement in the first patient, but prolonged low-dose maintenance therapy was required to prevent recurrence...
- Adverse granulomatous reaction after cosmetic dermal silicone injection
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Badalona, Spain
Dermatol Surg 27:198-200. 2001
..Various alloplastic injectable implants have been developed for soft tissue augmentation without surgery, but different local or systemic adverse reactions have limited their use for cosmetic purposes...
- Cutaneous lymphomas showing prominent granulomatous component: clinicopathological features in a series of 16 cases
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Mar Institut Municipal d Assistència Sanitària, Barcelona, Spain
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:639-47. 2009
..The presence of a prominent granulomatous tissue reaction in skin biopsies from primary cutaneous or systemic malignant lymphomas with secondary cutaneous involvement is a rare but well-known phenomenon...
- [Pink yellowish papules in neck and thorax]
, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, , Spain
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:676-8. 2006
- Cutis marmorata telangiectatica congenita or neonatal lupus?
J M Carrascosa
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Badalona, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 13:230-2. 1996
..Therefore the diagnosis of neonatal lupus was made. We propose that livedo patterns mimicking CMTC might sometimes represent the residual phase of neonatal lupus active during intrauterine life...