- Climate change and occurrence of diarrheal diseases: evolving facts from Nepal
G P Bhandari
Nepal Public Health Foundation, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Nepal Health Res Counc 10:181-6. 2012
..This study has been carried out to assess the relationship between climatic variables, and malaria and to find out the range of non-climatic factors that can confound the relationship of climate change and human health...
- Barriers to using skilled birth attendants' services in mid- and far-western Nepal: a cross-sectional study
Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Int Health Hum Rights 13:49. 2013
..However, utilization and coverage of services by SBAs remain poor, especially in rural and remote areas of Nepal. This study examined the characteristics associated with utilization of SBA services in mid- and far-western Nepal...
- A cluster randomized implementation trial to measure the effectiveness of an intervention package aiming to increase the utilization of skilled birth attendants by women for childbirth: study protocol
Gajananda P Bhandari
Nepal Public Health Foundation, Post Box 4004, Kathmandu, Nepal
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:109. 2014
..The hypothesis of this study is that through a package of interventions the utilization of skilled birth attendants will be increased and hence improve maternal health in Nepal...
- State of non-communicable diseases in Nepal
Gajananda Prakash Bhandari
Nepal Public Health Foundation, 102 2 Dhara Marg, Maharajgunj, P, O, Box 11218, Kathmandu 4, Nepal
BMC Public Health 14:23. 2014
..The study aims to find out the hospital based prevalence of NCDs in Nepal, thus directing the concerned authorities at policy level...
- Will visceral leishmaniasis be eliminated from Nepal? A review of recent (1994-2006) control efforts
G P Bhandari
Nepal Public Health Foundation NPHF, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 13:220-5. 2011
..The case study showed that there is a lack of trained human resources, laboratory facilities and treatment guidelines which is hindering the decentralization of the VL elimination program...
- Prevalence and determinants of unmet need for family planning in a district of eastern region of Nepal
G P Bhandari
Dept of Community Medicine, BPKIHS, Ghopa, Dharan, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 4:203-10. 2006
..This study explores the unmet need and its determinants...
- Cholera outbreak in far-western region of Nepal
G P Bhandari
Nepal Public Health Foundation, Kathmandu, Nepal com
J Nepal Health Res Counc 11:6-8. 2013
..The objective of this study was to explore the causative organism and analyse the sensitivity pattern of the antibiotics in the local context to suggest the use of medicine in future diarrhea outbreak in Nepal...
- Molecular screening of major bacterial enteropathogens in human stool samples from diarrhoeal outbreak sites
Center for Molecular Dynamics Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Nepal Health Res Counc 9:181-5. 2011
..The recent outbreak in Far Western Nepal, 2009, was also attributed primarily to V. cholera. Molecular tools were used for the first time on some of the samples from the outbreak to screen for major pathogens present in those samples...
- Acid base and electrolyte disturbance in diarrhoea
G S Shah
Department of Paediatrics and Community Medicine, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 5:60-2. 2007
..The present study was undertaken to study the frequency of electrolyte imbalance in children with diarrhoea and the relationship between electrolyte abnormalities and mortality...