- Large-system transformation in health care: a realist review
InSource Research Group, West Vancouver, BC, Canada
Milbank Q 90:421-56. 2012
..The aims of the review were to analyze examples of successful and less successful transformation initiatives, to synthesize knowledge of the underlying mechanisms, to clarify the role of government, and to outline options for evaluation...
- Building knowledge integration systems for evidence-informed decisions
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Vancouver, Canada
J Health Organ Manag 23:627-41. 2009
..This paper aims to describe methods and models designed to build a comprehensive, integrative framework to guide the research to policy and practice cycle in health care...
- Knowledge integration: conceptualizing communications in cancer control systems
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, 718, 828 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
Patient Educ Couns 71:319-27. 2008
..The goal was to nurture common ground upon which to build a platform for translating what we know about cancer into what we do in practice and policy...
- Health promotion dissemination and systems thinking: towards an integrative model
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Hospital and Health Centre, Canada
Am J Health Behav 27:S206-16. 2003
..To help close the gap between health promotion research and practice by using systems thinking...
- An integrative framework for community partnering to translate theory into effective health promotion strategy
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Health Promot 18:168-76. 2003
- The evolution of cancer control research: an international perspective from Canada and the United States
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 1L8 A B
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:705-12. 2003
..We conclude by calling for an international forum for the systematic advancement of cancer control research, and closer ties between the cancer control communities in North America...
- Dissecting technology-enabled knowledge translation: essential challenges, unprecedented opportunities
Division of Continuing Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Clin Invest Med 27:70-8. 2004
- Doing the dance of culture change: complexity, evidence and leadership
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Canada
Healthc Pap 13:64-8; discussion 78-82. 2013
- Ethical dimensions in the borderland between conventional and complementary/alternative medicine
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Altern Complement Med 8:907-15. 2002
..In this paper, we examine the historical context into which complementary and alternative medicine has been introduced, and consider the ethical and scientific challenges with which it confronts mainstream health systems...