- Classifications for adult spinal deformity and use of the scoliosis research society-schwab adult spinal deformity classification
Departments of Orthopedics, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Scoliosis and Spine, 2055 High Street, Suite 130, Denver, CO 80205, USA Electronic address
Neurosurg Clin N Am 24:185-93. 2013
..This information allows surgeons, researchers, and health care providers to (1) identify sources of pain and disability in patients with ASD and (2) accurately use the SRSeSchwab ASD Classification to evaluate patients with ASD...
- Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis - to operate or not? A debate article
Hans Rudolf Weiss
Asklepios Katharina Schroth Spinal Deformities Rehabilitation Center, D 55566 Bad Sobernheim, Germany
Patient Saf Surg 2:25. 2008
..In the present paper, the authors were invited to debate the opposite positions of "pro" versus "contra" surgical treatment of AIS, based on the currently available evidence and published guidelines...
- Pain and disability determine treatment modality for older patients with adult scoliosis, while deformity guides treatment for younger patients
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:2186-90. 2009
..Multi-center, retrospective review...
- Does vertebral level of pedicle subtraction osteotomy correlate with degree of spinopelvic parameter correction?
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York 10010, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 14:184-91. 2011
..The purpose of this study is to analyze the relationship between the level/degree of PSO and changes in global sagittal balance and spinopelvic parameters...
- Sagittal spinal pelvic alignment
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Davis, 4860 Y Street, Suite 3800, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA Electronic address
Neurosurg Clin N Am 24:157-62. 2013
..Underappreciation for these spinopelvic compensatory mechanisms leads to surgical under-correction, iatrogenic flat back and poor clinical outcomes...
- Acute reciprocal changes distant from the site of spinal osteotomies affect global postoperative alignment
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Davis, 3301 C Street, Suite 1500, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Adv Orthop 2011:415946. 2011
..Conclusion. Data from this study suggest that lumbar and thoracic resection leads to reciprocal changes in unfused segments and requires consideration beyond focal corrections...
- Complications of growing-rod treatment for early-onset scoliosis: analysis of one hundred and forty patients
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, 1721 East 19th Avenue, Suite 244, Denver, CO 80218, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:2533-43. 2010
..This study was performed to evaluate the clinical and radiographic complications associated with growing-rod treatment...