- Prenatal programming of sporting success: associations of digit ratio (2D:4D), a putative marker for prenatal androgen action, with world rankings in female fencers
Laboratory of Physiology, National Institute of Sports Sciences of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Sports Sci 27:625-32. 2009
- Acute administration of inorganic nitrate reduces VO(2peak) in endurance athletes
National Institute of Physical Education Barcelona, Research Group on Sport Sciences, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:1979-86. 2011
..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that a single dose of inorganic nitrate before exercise might enhance the tolerance of endurance athletes to high intensity exercise...
- The effect of nitric-oxide-related supplements on human performance
National Institute of Physical Education INEFC Barcelona, Physiology Laboratory, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Sports Med 42:99-117. 2012
..Further research in elderly and female subjects is needed to determine whether NO supplements can induce benefit in exercise capacity when the NO metabolism is impaired by age and/or estrogen status...
- Low levels of vitamin D in professional basketball players after wintertime: relationship with dietary intake of vitamin D and calcium
R Bescós García
Sport Sciences Research Group, National Institute of Physical Exercise of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Nutr Hosp 26:945-51. 2011
..Although vitamin D deficiency has a high worldwide prevalence among the general population, very little is known about vitamin status in athletes...
- Physiological demands of cyclists during an ultra-endurance relay race: a field study report
Sports Sciences Research Group, INEFC University of Barcelona, Spain
Chin J Physiol 54:339-46. 2011
..Although the intensity profile was similar, the TRIMP values differed significantly as a consequence of the higher volume performed by the 4C cyclists...
- Sodium nitrate supplementation does not enhance performance of endurance athletes
Research Group on Sport Sciences, National Institute of Physical Education INEFC, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:2400-9. 2012
..In addition, we investigated the effect of this supplement on plasma levels of endothelin-1 (ET-1) and in nitrated proteins...
- Nutritional behavior of cyclists during a 24-hour team relay race: a field study report
Institut Nacional d Educacio Fisica de Catalunya, Sports Sciences Research Group, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 9:3. 2012
- Effects of dietary L-arginine intake on cardiorespiratory and metabolic adaptation in athletes
Physiology Laboratory, National Institute of Physical Education, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 19:355-65. 2009
..No significant differences were observed in any of the cardiorespiratory or plasma nitrate levels. In conclusion, dietary L-arginine intake on the days preceding the test does not improve physiological parameters during exercise...