- Holoprosencephaly, cephalothorax' appearance with multiple cardiac anomalies: a diagnostic challenge
Debub University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, e mail P O Box 1560, Awassa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 43:285-90. 2005
- Currently used oxytocin regimen outcome measures at term & postterm. I: Outcome indicators in relation to parity & indication for induction
Hawassa University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obst and Gynaecology
Ethiop Med J 45:235-42. 2007
..Although induction of labour with oxytocin is a daily practice at public as well as private health institutions, to the best of our knowledge, there is no published study on induction in Ethiopia...
- Medical doctors profile in Ethiopia: production, attrition and retention. In memory of 100-years Ethiopian modern medicine & the new Ethiopian millennium
Hwassa University, Medical Faculty, P O Box 1560
Ethiop Med J 46:1-77. 2008
..Although the practice of western medicine in Ethiopia dates back to the time of King Libne Dengel (1520-1535), organized and sustainable modern medical practice started after the battle of Adwa (1896)...
- Virologic response to tipranavir-ritonavir or darunavir-ritonavir based regimens in antiretroviral therapy experienced HIV-1 patients: a meta-analysis and meta-regression of randomized controlled clinical trials
Hawassa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Hawassa, Ethiopia
PLoS ONE 8:e60814. 2013
..The aim of this study was to determine the virologic response in ART experienced patients to tipranavir-ritonavir and darunavir-ritonavir based regimens...
- A meta-analysis of drug resistant tuberculosis in Sub-Saharan Africa: how strongly associated with previous treatment and HIV co-infection?
College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Hawasa Univeristy, Ethiopia
Ethiop J Health Sci 23:271-82. 2013
..The aim of this meta-analysis was to determine the association of drug-resistant TB with anti-TB drug treatment history and HIV co-infection...
- Age at menarche among in-school adolescents in Sawla Town, South Ethiopia
College of Medicine and Health Science, Hawasa University, Ethiopia
Ethiop J Health Sci 23:189-200. 2013
..Although a declining trend in age at menarche has been observed in developed countries over decades commonly attributed to childhood excessive weight gain and sedentary life, little is known about this case in the developing countries...
- A meta-analysis of reverse breech extraction to deliver a deeply impacted head during cesarean delivery
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hawassa University College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Hawassa, Ethiopia Electronic address
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 124:99-105. 2014
..During cesarean delivery, extracting a deeply impacted head is a real challenge for obstetricians...
- Change in absolute CD4 count with antiretroviral treatment in resource limited setting: a retrospective cohort study in children in Ethiopia
Department of Gynecology, Hawassa University, P O Box 1560
Ethiop Med J 49:289-98. 2011
..Although antiretroviral treatment (ART) programmes began in 2003 in Ethiopia, there is scarcity of information about paediatric ART...
- Meta-analysis on risky sexual behaviour of men: consistent findings from different parts of the world
College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Hawassa University, Ethiopia
AIDS Care 25:151-9. 2013
- Is the Sexual Behaviour of HIV Patients on Antiretroviral therapy safe or risky in Sub-Saharan Africa? Meta-Analysis and Meta-Regression
Hawassa University, Hawassa, Ethiopia
AIDS Res Ther 9:14. 2012
- Age and CD4 count of vertically HIV-infected children at the time of diagnosis: what are independent predictors for being symptomatic and CD4 counts drop?
Department of Medicine, Hawassa University, Awassa, Ethiopia
J Trop Pediatr 57:14-23. 2011
..More than one-third of the children were in a state of severe immunosuppression and more than half were immunologically eligible for antiretroviral treatment...
- Bloody traditional procedures performed during infancy in the oropharyngeal area among HIV+ children: implication from the perspective of mother-to-child transmission of HIV
Yifru Berhan Mitke
Hawassa University, Awassa, Ethiopia
AIDS Behav 14:1428-36. 2010
..Taking into account the deep invasiveness of the procedures, they are assumed as one of the strong risk factors for MTCT of HIV during lactation...
- Attitude of people living with HIV/AIDS to be a biological parent and their knowledge on MTCT reduction methods
Hawassa University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Gynecology, P O Box 1560
Ethiop Med J 46:335-47. 2008
..However, to the best of author's knowledge, little has been done to explore people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs') attitude towards childbearing, knowledge on mother to child HIV transmission (MTCT) reduction methods...
- Premature ovarian failure in the early age 20s: 3 case reports
Debub University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Awassa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 43:291-5. 2005
..Literature on the potential serious complications of premature menopause and treatment options in low setting areas is revised...
- Evaluation of adherence to national guideline for clinical follow up of HIV infected children using the proxy hematological, biochemical and anthropometric indicators of care
Department of Obs and Gynaecology, Hawassa Univeristy, P O Box 1560
Ethiop Med J 49:199-209. 2011
..However, no study has evaluated the regularity of these kinds of assessment in hospital population...
- Critical appraisal of currently used oxytocin regimen and prospects
Hawassa University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obst and Gynaecology
Ethiop Med J 45:225-34. 2007
..Therefore, easily applicable regimen for Ethiopian set up is presented for clinical trail...
- Currently used oxytocin regimen outcome measures at term & postterm. II: Outcome indicators in relation to Bishop Score & other covariates
Hawassa University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Ethiop Med J 45:243-50. 2007
..Lack of published study assessing the separate oxytocin dose regimen for nulliparas and multiparas in Ethiopia, for which we could not find such regimen in literature, motivated us to review a two year case-series at term and post term...
- Polysubstance use and its linkage with risky sexual behavior in university students: significance for policy makers and parents
Hawassa University, College of Medicine and Health Sciences P O Box 1560 Hawassa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 51:13-23. 2013
..Despite the high prevalence of polysubstance use in low income countries, little has been done to investigate the linkage between polysubstance use and risky sexual behaviors...
- Viable pregnancies in women with different mullerian duct anomalies
Awassa University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Ethiop Med J 44:291-9. 2006
- Absenteeism among medical and health science undergraduate students at Hawassa University, Ethiopia
Anteneh Assefa Desalegn
Pharmacology Unit, School of Medicine, Hawassa University, P, O, Box 1560, Hawassa, Ethiopia
BMC Med Educ 14:81. 2014
..Student absenteeism is a major concern for university education worldwide. This study was conducted to determine the prevalence and causes of absenteeism among undergraduate medical and health sciences students at Hawassa University...
- Thoracopagus conjoint twins presenting as shoulder dystocia: a case report
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tikur Anbessa Hospital, P O Box 9086, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 42:303-9. 2004
..Literature on the diagnosis and management of conjoint twinning is reviewed and the rare situation in which a conjoined twin might be a differential diagnosis of shoulder dystocia is noted...