- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers in patients with congestive heart failure and chronic kidney disease
Alan K Berger
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of MN, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Am Heart J 153:1064-73. 2007
- Relation of length of hospital stay in acute myocardial infarction to postdischarge mortality
Alan K Berger
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:428-34. 2008
..These decreases in LOS were associated with increasing use of effective therapies...
- Aspirin, beta-blocker, and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy in patients with end-stage renal disease and an acute myocardial infarction
Alan K Berger
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:201-8. 2003
..We sought to examine the use and impact of standard medical therapies in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) faced with an acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Contemporary diagnosis and management of hypercholesterolemia in elderly acute myocardial infarction patients: a population-based study
Alan K Berger
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, and the Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 16:15-23. 2007
..Elderly patients remain less likely to receive lipid-lowering therapy following an AMI. Greater attention is required to ensure that elderly AMI patients without contraindications are appropriately treated with lipid-lowering therapy...
- Trends in cardiovascular risk factor levels in the Minnesota Heart Survey (1980-2002) as compared with the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (1976-2002): A partial explanation for Minnesota's low cardiovascular disease mortality?
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55454, USA
Am J Epidemiol 173:526-38. 2011
..The better CHD risk factor profile in the Twin Cities may partly explain the lower CHD death rate there...
- Gender disparity in cardiac procedures and medication use for acute myocardial infarction
John T Nguyen
University of Minnesota, Cardiovascular Division, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am Heart J 155:862-8. 2008
..Determine if gender bias is present in contemporary management of acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- International comparison of treatment and long-term outcomes for acute myocardial infarction in the elderly: Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, USA and Goteborg, Sweden
Lindsay G Smith
School of Public Health, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, 1300 S Second St, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Eur Heart J 34:3191-7. 2013
..The present study compares elderly hospitalized acute myocardial infarction (AMI) patients in Minneapolis/St. Paul, USA (MSP) and Göteborg, Sweden (GB)...
- Thrombolysis in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction
Alan K Berger
Section of Cardiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Geriatr Cardiol 12:251-6; quiz 257. 2003
..Future trials and observational studies should elucidate the ideal reperfusion strategy in the elderly...
- Cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction in elderly patients: does admission to a tertiary center improve survival?
Alan K Berger
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, and Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation, New Haven, CT 06520 8025, USA
Am Heart J 143:768-76. 2002
..We sought to determine whether access to cardiovascular resources at the admitting hospital influenced the prognosis of patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock...
- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs after acute myocardial infarction
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Conn, USA
Am Heart J 143:475-81. 2002
..We sought to determine whether the use of NSAIDs alone, or in addition to aspirin, is associated with a lower 1-year mortality rate in elderly patients after acute myocardial infarction...
- The effect of changing diagnostic algorithms on acute myocardial infarction rates
Russell V Luepker
School of Public Health, Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Ann Epidemiol 21:824-9. 2011
..However, in recent years, five new algorithms, to include diagnostic advances, are advocated by professional organizations. This study compares AMI rates derived from six algorithms and the impact of troponins on those rates...
- Sudden cardiac death in heart failure patients with preserved ejection fraction
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Card Fail 18:749-54. 2012
..We examined the incidence and predictors of SCD in HFpEF in a large population sample...
- Impact of age on treatment and outcomes in ST-elevation myocardial infarction
Marc C Newell
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Am Heart J 161:664-72. 2011
..We hypothesized that older patients in a regional ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) transfer program would attain comparable treatment to younger patients...
- Cardiovascular disease in chronic kidney disease. A clinical update from Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO)
Charles A Herzog
Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Kidney Int 80:572-86. 2011
..Trials targeting CVD in patients with CKD have a large potential to improve outcomes...
- Near-bedside whole-blood cardiac troponin I assay for risk assessment of patients with acute coronary syndromes
Fred S Apple
Hennepin County Medical Center and University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Clin Chem 48:1784-7. 2002
- Prognostic significance of ischemic electrocardiographic changes during adenosine infusion in patients with normal myocardial perfusion imaging
Brian G Abbott
Yale University School of Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06520, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 10:9-16. 2003
..However, the prognostic significance of ST-segment depression with adenosine in patients with normal MPI is not known...
- The influence of a history of diabetes on treatment and outcome in acute myocardial infarction, during two time periods and in two different countries
Ann Marie Svensson
Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 119:319-25. 2007