- Dentin sialoprotein (DSP) transcripts: developmentally-sustained expression in odontoblasts and transient expression in pre-ameloblasts
H H Ritchie
Department of Basic Sciences, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Dental Branch, 77030, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 105:405-13. 1997
..The transient expression of DSP in pre-ameloblasts across from young odontoblasts suggests an involvement of DSP in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions that are crucial to later stages of tooth development...
- Msx2 -/- transgenic mice develop compound amelogenesis imperfecta, dentinogenesis imperfecta and periodental osteopetrosis
INSERM, UMR S 872, Les Cordeliers, F 75006, Paris, France
Bone 41:851-9. 2007
..This study provides a detailed analysis of the phenotype resulting from the Msx2 null mutation and identifies the impact of Msx1 and Msx2 on post-natal oral bone growth...
- Dlx homeobox gene family expression in osteoclasts
INSERM, UMR 872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
J Cell Physiol 223:779-87. 2010
..Altogether the present data suggest a role for Dlx2 in regulation of skeletal morphogenesis via functions within osteoclasts...
- Expression and regulation of the Msx1 natural antisense transcript during development
Amélie E Coudert
Laboratoire de Biologie Oro Faciale et Pathologie, INSERM U 0714, Centre de recherches biomédicales des Cordeliers 15 21, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 6, France
Nucleic Acids Res 33:5208-18. 2005
..To conclude, this study clearly identifies the Msx1 AS RNA involvement during tooth development and evidences a new degree of complexity in craniofacial developmental biology: the implication of endogenous AS RNAs...
- Differential impact of MSX1 and MSX2 homeogenes on mouse maxillofacial skeleton
Cordeliers Research Centre INSERM UMRS872, Universities Paris 5, 6 and 7, Paris, France
Cells Tissues Organs 189:126-32. 2009
..The observed patterns correspond to specific sites during growth and constitute landmarks in our understanding of growth-related oral facial dysmorphologies...
- [Craniofacial development: genetics and the natural environment. Introduction]
Orthod Fr 78:3-6. 2007
- [Gene/environment relations in the development of tooth anomalies]
Inserm E110, UFR odontologie Garancière, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Hopital Hotel Dieu, IFR58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 10:16s-18s. 2003
- Putative membrane receptor for 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D3 in human mineralized tissues during prenatal development
Laboratoire Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 44:136-40. 2003
..Differential 1,25D3-MARRS protein levels were observed in distinct developmental stages and anatomical sites of tooth and bone, suggesting the existence of cross-talk between local factors and 1,25D3-MARRS protein expression...
- Msx1 homeogene antisense mRNA in mouse dental and bone cells
Laboratoire Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 7, Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:148-52. 2002
- Endogenous Msx1 antisense transcript: in vivo and in vitro evidences, structure, and potential involvement in skeleton development in mammals
Laboratory of Biology Odontology, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, E 0110, Institut des Cordeliers, IFR 58, 75006 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7336-41. 2001
- Expression of DLX5 during human embryonic craniofacial development
J L Davideau
Laboratoire de Biologie Odontologie, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Mech Dev 81:183-6. 1999
..Furthermore, during the bud and cap stages of tooth morphogenesis, the asymmetric expression of DLX5 in the dental epithelium and dental mesenchyme may contribute to the complex patterning of human tooth shape...
- Postnatal Msx1 expression pattern in craniofacial, axial, and appendicular skeleton of transgenic mice from the first week until the second year
S M Orestes-Cardoso
Laboratoire de Biologie Odontologie, EA 2380, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E 2è ét, Paris, France
Dev Dyn 221:1-13. 2001
..The present study suggests that these signalling pathways are jointly important throughout the entire lifetime with an exquisite site-specificity spatially related to early patterning...
- Cross-talk between Msx/Dlx homeobox genes and vitamin D during tooth mineralization
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie INSERM EMI 0110, Université Paris 7 EA2380, IFR 58 Institut des Cordeliers, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:509-14. 2002
..Finally, in the same cells, such combinations appeared to modulate VDR expression outlining the existence of complex cross-regulations between vitamin D and Msx/Dix pathways...
- Does Vitamin D play a role on Msx1 homeoprotein expression involving an endogenous antisense mRNA?
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM E 110, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Universite Paris 7, IFR58, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75006 Paris, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 89:413-7. 2004
..In Vitamin D null mutants, the study of the natural Msx1 antisense transcript which has been recently described should be informative...
- [Genetic and experimental approach to bony craniofacial growth: the role of the divergent homeobox gene Msx1]
Laboratoire de Biologie Oro Faciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Université de Paris VII, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Paris
Orthod Fr 74:103-13. 2003
..Regarding our experimental data and hypothesis, a clinical study of patients with MSX1 mutation will be performed in order to better characterize the abnormalities of the craniofacial skeleton growth...
- Msx1 is a regulator of bone formation during development and postnatal growth: in vivo investigations in a transgenic mouse model
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75270 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:153-60. 2002
..Our data suggest that Msx1 play a role in a site-specific manner not only in early patterning but also in skeletal growth and modeling by acting on heterogenous bone cell populations...
- Physiopathology of dental rickets in vitamin D receptor-ablated mice
Molecular Oral Physiopathology, INSERM UMRS872 IFR 58, Universities Paris 5, Paris 6, and Paris 7, Cordeliers Research Centre, Escalier E, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Dent Res 89:1427-32. 2010
..These targeted and cumulative effects would generate the diverse and wide spectrum of dental rickets phenotypes...
- Ultrastructural and immunocytochemical characterization of immortalized odontoblast MO6-G3
Département d odontologie conservatrice endodontie, UFR d Odontologie, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Paris, France
Int Endod J 39:453-63. 2006
..To investigate an immortalized murine odontoblast cell line as a potential alternative for experimental studies on dentinogenesis...
- Osteoclasts in the dental microenvironment: a delicate balance controls dental histogenesis
INSERM, UMR 872, Cordeliers Research Center, Team 5, Laboratory of Oral Molecular Physiopathology, Universities Paris Diderot, Pierre and Marie Curie and Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Cells Tissues Organs 194:238-43. 2011
..These two reverse experimental systems will enable the investigation of distinctive dental cell and osteoclast communication in normal growth and tumorigenesis...
- Chondrogenic differentiation during midfacial development in the mouse: in vivo and in vitro studies
M I Pavlov
Laboratoire Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, Inserm E110, Universite Paris 7, UFR d Odontologie, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E 2e étage, 15 21, rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75270 cedex 6, Paris, France
Biol Cell 95:75-86. 2003
..Results from this study provide useful tools to further investigate morphogenesis and differentiation of the cartilaginous nasal capsule, and could in the future serve as a basic developmental standard...
- Molecular characterization of young and mature odontoblasts
INSERM, UMR S 872, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Bone 45:693-703. 2009
..We provide evidence that the changes in secretory activity of odontoblasts reflect differential transcriptional control and that common regulatory processes may exist between dentine and bone...
- Effects of 58S sol-gel glasses on the temporal expression of bone markers during mouse osteoblastic differentiation
Laboratoire Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM U714, Universite Paris 7, UFR d Odontologie, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, F 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
J Biomed Mater Res A 76:811-9. 2006
..These results indicated that 58S sol-gel glasses appeared as suitable candidates for osteoblast scaffolds in the field of bone tissue engineering...
- Potential of biomimetic surfaces to promote in vitro osteoblast-like cell differentiation
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM U 0110, Universite Paris 7, UFR d Odontologie, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E 2e étage, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, F 75270 Paris Cedex 06, France
Biomaterials 26:839-48. 2005
..In addition, we noticed that the bioactive granules coated with Emdogain revealed significantly higher protein production than the bioactive granules alone at day 20...
- Dental alveolar bone defects related to Vitamin D and calcium status
J L Davideau
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie INSERM E110, Institut des Cordeliers, Universite Paris 7, IFR58, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75270 Paris, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 89:615-8. 2004
..The differences of phenotype between hypo- and normo-calcemic VDR null mutant mice suggested a specific Vitamin D control of alveolar bone formation by the Vitamin D nuclear receptor pathway...
- Dentin-pulp complex regeneration: from lab to clinic
S R J Simon
INSERM, UMR S, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Adv Dent Res 23:340-5. 2011
- Investigation of osteocalcin, osteonectin, and dentin sialophosphoprotein in developing human teeth
Laboratoire de Biologie Odontologie, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Bone 30:377-85. 2002
..e., amelogenin, dentin matrix protein-1) and/or to the polarized organization of odontoblast secretion as compared with osteoblasts...
- Bone formation in the context of growth retardation induced by hIGFBP-1 overexpression in transgenic mice
N Ben Lagha
Laboratoire de Biologie Orofaciale et Pathologie, INSERM EMI U 0110, Universite Paris 7, IFR 58, Institut Biomedical des Cordeliers, Esc E, 2è ét, 15 21 Rue de l Ecole de Médecine, 75270 Paris, France
Connect Tissue Res 43:515-9. 2002
..These data show the involvement of the IGF/IGFBP system and more particularly IGFBP-1 in the biomineralization process...
- Cephalometric assessment of craniofacial dysmorphologies in relation with Msx2 mutations in mouse
Team 5, UMRS 872 INSERM, Paris, France INSERM, U 658 IPROS CHR Orléans BP 2439, Orléans cedex 1, France Dental School, University Paris 5 Descartes, Paris, France
Orthod Craniofac Res 17:92-105. 2014
- Production and significance of CCAAT enhancer binding proteins alpha and beta in sinonasal inverted papilloma
E H Shabana
Laboratory of Orofacial Molecular Physiopathology, UMRS 872, CRC group 5, Paris, France
Histol Histopathol 28:53-60. 2013
..These results implicate CCAAT enhancer binding proteins in the pathogenesis of SIP and highlight the role of C/EBP-alpha as a candidate marker for tumor recurrence...
- The use of mineral trioxide aggregate in one-visit apexification treatment: a prospective study
Laboratory of Oro facial Biology and Pathology, INSERM U714, University of Paris 6, Paris, France
Int Endod J 40:186-97. 2007
..To assess the outcome of apexification using mineral trioxide aggregate (MTA)...
- Expression of amelogenin in odontoblasts
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental School, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78284, USA
Bone 32:228-40. 2003
..This developmental regulated expression pattern is enhanced under vitamin-D-deficiency status and in a broader context may play an important role during ameloblast and odontoblast differentiation and function...
- On the biocompatibility of a novel Ti-based amorphous composite: structural characterization and in-vitro osteoblasts response
Laboratoire de Physico Chimie des Surfaces, CNRS ENSCP UMR 7045, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Paris, 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris Cedex 05, 75231, France
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:1861-9. 2008
..In conclusion, these results demonstrate that osteoblasts, cultured in presence of Ti45Zr38Ni17 alloy, proliferate, differentiate and synthesize bone matrix...
- Genomic organization and localization of mouse Nma/BAMBI: possible implications related to ameloblastoma formation
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MCS 7888, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Connect Tissue Res 43:359-64. 2002
..Furthermore, we report the production and utilization of an anti-peptide antibody in preliminary immunohistochemical analysis of an ameloblastoma...
- Cloning, characterization and immunolocalization of human ameloblastin
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Dental School, 78229 3900, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 108:303-10. 2000
..Immunohistochemistry studies on embryonic human teeth using an antibody to recombinant ameloblastin indicated ameloblastin expression by ameloblasts with localization in the enamel matrix associated with the sheath structures...