- Smooth muscle pathology and erectile dysfunctionE Wespes
Department of Urology, C H U de Charleroi, Charleroi, Belgium
Int J Impot Res 14:S17-21. 2002..Further studies are necessary to explain the real role of testosterone not only on the peripheral mechanism of erection but also on the central control...
- The ageing penisE Wespes
Department of Urology, CHU de Charleroi, Belgium
World J Urol 20:36-9. 2002..In human, testosterone seems to affect the central system rather than the peripheral mechanism of an erection. The role of ischaemia and the decrease in testosterone in the mechanism of erectile dysfunction are reviewed...
- EAU Guidelines on erectile dysfunction: an updateEric Wespes
Hôpital Civil de Charleroi, Hopital Erasme, Urology Department, Boulevard Paul Janson 92, 6000 Charleroi, Belgium
Eur Urol 49:806-15. 2006..A panel of experts in this field has developed guidelines for the clinical evaluation and treatment based on the review of available scientific information...
- Current approaches to erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiencyE Wespes
Department of Urology, CHU Charleroi, Hopital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Minerva Urol Nefrol 62:431-5. 2010..Associated with PDE5-I, testosterone supplementation is a treatment for the hypogonadic patients non responders to therapy. The article reviews the different aspects of the testosterone role in the pathophysiology of erection...
- The influence of age on treatment outcomes in men with erectile dysfunction treated with two regimens of tadalafil: results of the SURE studyEric Wespes
Gregorio Maranon Hospital, Madrid, Spain
BJU Int 99:121-6. 2007..To evaluate whether patterns of sexual activity and efficacy over time to two dosing regimens of tadalafil differ with ageing in men with erectile dysfunction (ED)...
- Sildenafil non-responders: haemodynamic and morphometric studiesEric Wespes
Department of Urology and Pathology, C H U de Charleroi, Charleroi and Hôpital Erasme, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 48:136-9; discussion 139. 2005..To better select sildenafil responders and non-responders, we have conducted a haemodynamic and morphometric study in sildenafil non-responders...
- The place of surgery for vascular impotence in the third millenniumEric Wespes
Department of Urology, C H U de Charleroi, Belgium
J Urol 170:1284-6. 2003..We compared the sexual satisfaction rate in patients with arterial and/or venous impotence treated with 4 surgical techniques with long-term followup...
- Erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular diseasesE Wespes
Department of Urology, CHU de Charleroi, Hopital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Arch Esp Urol 63:649-54. 2010....
- [Enuresis: treatments recognized by EBM]E Wespes
Service d Urologie, C H U de Charleroi et Hôpital Erasme
Rev Med Brux 31:351-5. 2010..Available evidence suggests that children with monosymptomatic nocturnal enuresis could be treated by bladder advice, the enuresis alarm and/or desmopressin. Therapy resistant cases should be handled by specialist centers...
- Male andropause: myth, reality, and treatmentE Wespes
Department of Urology, C H U de Charleroi, Charleroi, Belgium
Int J Impot Res 14:S93-8. 2002..Clinical response is a better guide to dose requirements, regardless of serum testosterone levels. This important field must be actively investigated by the medical, behavioral, and social sciences...
- Intracavernous injection as an option for aging men with erectile dysfunctionE Wespes
Department of Urology, CHU de Charleroi, Boulevard Zöe Drion Drion, 1 6000 Charleroi, Belgium
Aging Male 5:177-80. 2002..The efficacy and safety of oral therapy and intracavernous injection are reviewed...
- Is there a rationale for the chronic use of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors for lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia?Thierry Roumeguere
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, CHU Charleroi, ULB, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgium
BJU Int 104:511-7. 2009....
- Sexual intercourse attempt patterns with two dosing regimens of tadalafil in men with erectile dysfunction: results from the SURE study in 14 European countriesIgnacio Moncada
Urology Department, Gregorio Maranon Hospital, C Dr Esquerdo 46, Madrid 28007, Spain
J Sex Med 2:668-74. 2005....
- Complete phalloplasty using the free radial forearm flap for correcting micropenis associated with vesical exstrophyS de Fontaine
Plastic Surgery and Urology Departments, University Hospital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
J Urol 166:597-9. 2001..An inflatable prosthesis may be inserted in the flap to provide erection. The results of this technique have remained stable in the long term. This method provides a new tool for phalloplasty in these difficult cases...
- Erectile dysfunction is associated with a high prevalence of hyperlipidemia and coronary heart disease riskTh Roumeguere
Department of Urology, Erasme Hospital, University Clinics of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 44:355-9. 2003..The role of serum lipid levels has been demonstrated in coronary heart disease (CHD), but the relationship with ED is poorly documented. We evaluated undiagnosed hyperlipidemia in ED patients and their coronary heart disease risk...
- Presence of LDL modified by myeloperoxidase in the penis in patients with vascular erectile dysfunction: a preliminary studyKarim Zouaoui Boudjeltia
Experimental Medicine Laboratory, ULB 222 Unit, ISPPC, CHU de Charleroi, Hôpital A Vésale, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgium
Eur Urol 51:262-8; discussion 268-9. 2007..We have developed a new monoclonal antibody against LDL modified by MPO (Mox-LDL) and have used it on penile biopsies from patients operated on for penile implant...
- Guidelines on erectile dysfunctionEric Wespes
Hôpital Civil de Charleroi, Urology Department, Belgium
Eur Urol 41:1-5. 2002..A panel of experts in this field have developed guidelines for clinical evaluation and treatment based on the review of available scientific information...
- Intriguing location of myeloperoxidase in the prostate: a preliminary immunohistochemical studyTh Roumeguere
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Unit 222, ULB, CHU Charleroi, Belgium
Prostate 72:507-13. 2012..Chronic or recurrent prostatic inflammation has long been recognized as having the potential to initiate and promote the development of prostate cancer. The objective was to investigate whether MPO is present in the prostate...
- [Erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease in clinical practice]T Roumeguere
Service d Urologie, Hopital Erasme, Bruxelles
Rev Med Brux 28:360-6. 2007..ED can be treated safely and effectively in most men who have concomitant CVD...
- Effects of phosphodiesterase inhibitors on the inflammatory response of endothelial cells stimulated by myeloperoxidase-modified low-density lipoprotein or tumor necrosis factor alphaThierry Roumeguere
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Unit 222, CHU Charleroi, Free University of Brussels, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgium
Eur Urol 57:522-8. 2010..In vitro, Mox-LDL triggered the inflammatory response by increasing the release of both interleukin 8 (IL-8) and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) by endothelial cells (ECs) and monocytes respectively...
- Radical prostatectomy: a prospective comparison of oncological and functional results between open and laparoscopic approachesThierry Roumeguere
Department of Urology, Erasme Hospital University Clinics of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
World J Urol 20:360-6. 2003..We conclude that this prospective, comparative study shows that LRP, when performed in specialized centers, gives oncological and functional results comparable to open surgery...
- An evaluation of an alternative dosing regimen with tadalafil, 3 times/week, for men with erectile dysfunction: SURE study in 14 European countriesVincenzo Mirone
University of Naples Federico II, A O U Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, Ed 5 80131, Napoli, Italy
Eur Urol 47:846-54; discussion 854. 2005..To examine the preference for 2 dosing regimens (on demand or 3 times/week) for tadalafil, a phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor with a duration of effectiveness up to 36 hours in men with erectile dysfunction (ED)...