Johan E J Smitz
Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- The earliest stages of folliculogenesis in vitroJohan E J Smitz
Follicle Biology Laboratory, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Reproduction 123:185-202. 2002..Techniques are becoming available for the precise isolation of distinct classes of follicle and powerful molecular biology techniques can be used in studies of ovarian tissue culture...
- Oocyte developmental competence after heterotopic transplantation of cryopreserved ovarian tissueJohan Smitz
Follicle Biology Laboratory, Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, B-1090 Brussels, Belgium
Lancet 363:832-3. 2004
- First childbirth from transplanted cryopreserved ovarian tissue brings hope for cancer survivorsJohan Smitz
Follicle Biology Laboratory, Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Academisch Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel (AZ-VUB, B-1090 Brussels, Belgium
Lancet 364:1379-80. 2004
- Endocrine profile in serum and follicular fluid differs after ovarian stimulation with HP-hMG or recombinant FSH in IVF patientsJ Smitz
Follicle Biology Laboratory and Center for Reproductive Medicine, Academisch Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Hum Reprod 22:676-87. 2007..Highly purified menotrophin (HP-hMG) has been associated with fewer oocytes retrieved and a higher proportion of top-quality embryos compared with recombinant FSH (rFSH)...
- The promise of in vitro maturation in assisted reproduction and fertility preservationJohan E J Smitz
Follicle Biology Laboratory, Center for Reproductive Medicine and Medical School, Free University Brussels VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Semin Reprod Med 29:24-37. 2011..The minimal invasiveness of this procedure will benefit cancer patients who want to store gonadal tissue before undergoing therapy that devastates subsequent germ-cell competence...