Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Assessing fatigue in multiple sclerosis: Dutch modified fatigue impact scaleDaphne Kos
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Department of Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation Research, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 103:185-91. 2003..001) after a four-week rehabilitation programme, whereas the FSS did not change. This study indicates that the Dutch version of the MFIS is a reliable, valid and responsive tool to assess the impact of MS-related fatigue on daily life...
- Evaluation of the Modified Fatigue Impact Scale in four different European countriesD Kos
Department Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Mult Scler 11:76-80. 2005..To evaluate the psychometric properties of the Modified Fatigue Impact Scale (MFIS) in four different European countries...
- A rapid screening tool for fatigue impact in multiple sclerosisDaphne Kos
Department of Rehabilitation Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
BMC Neurol 6:27. 2006..This study evaluates the psychometric properties of a rapid screening instrument for fatigue impact in multiple sclerosis...
- Origin of fatigue in multiple sclerosis: review of the literatureD Kos
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Department of Rehabilitation Research, Brussels, Belgium
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 22:91-100. 2008..Future research should overcome these limitations and also include longitudinal designs...
- Multidisciplinary fatigue management programme in multiple sclerosis: a randomized clinical trialD Kos
Department of Rehabilitation Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium, Department of Occupational Therapy, National MS Centre, Melsbroek, Belgium
Mult Scler 13:996-1003. 2007....
- Nitric oxide concentrations are normal and unrelated to activity level in chronic fatigue syndrome: a case-control studyMira Meeus
Division of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Artesis University College AHA, Department of Health Sciences, Van Aertselaerstraat 31, 2170 Merksem, Belgium
In Vivo 24:865-9. 2010..since patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) often present elevated levels of nitric oxide (NO) and low levels of physical activity, this study aimed at revealing possible correlations between NO concentration and physical activity...
- Validity of the TEMPA for the measurement of upper limb function in multiple sclerosisP Feys
National Multiple Sclerosis Centre, Melsbroek, Belgium
Clin Rehabil 16:166-73. 2002..To investigate concurrent and construct validity of the TEMPA (Test d'Evaluation de la performance des Membres Supérieurs des Personnes Agées) in patients with upper limb dysfunction due to multiple sclerosis...
- Measuring activity patterns using actigraphy in multiple sclerosisDaphne Kos
Department of Rehabilitation Research, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Chronobiol Int 24:345-56. 2007..A combination of both objective and subjective activity registration is recommended to evaluate the physical activity pattern of subjects with MS...
- Paced visual serial addition test in multiple sclerosisGuy Nagels
Nationaal Multiple Sclerose Centrum, Vanheylenstraat 16, 1820 Melsbroek, Belgium
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 107:218-22. 2005..MSFC-v scores calculated with PVSAT-2 and PVSAT-3 values correlated highly with MSFC scores calculated with PASAT-3 results. The results suggest that the PVSAT can be used as an alternative for the PASAT in the MSFC...