Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Oct-4 mRNA and protein expression during human preimplantation developmentG Cauffman
Research Centre Genetics and Reproduction, University Hospital and Medical School, Brussels Free University, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Hum Reprod 11:173-81. 2005..Further, we suggest to examine the localization of OCT-4 proteins within a cell rather than to look for the presence and/or amount of transcripts...
- DAZL expression in human oocytes, preimplantation embryos and embryonic stem cellsG Cauffman
Research Centre Reproduction and Genetics, University Hospital and Medical School of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel Brussels Free University, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Mol Hum Reprod 11:405-11. 2005..The quality-related expression of DAZL in blastocysts, and especially its trophectodermal expression, might imply other functions for DAZL beyond germ cell development...
- POU5F1 isoforms show different expression patterns in human embryonic stem cells and preimplantation embryosGreet Cauffman
Research Center Reproduction and Genetics, University Hospital and Medical School of the Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Stem Cells 24:2685-91. 2006..The expression pattern of POU5F1_iA may suggest that POU5F1_iA alone cannot sustain totipotency and that coexpression with other stemness factors might be the key to totipotency...
- Human embryonic stem cell lines derived from single blastomeres of two 4-cell stage embryosMieke Geens
Department of Embryology and Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 24:2709-17. 2009..To further investigate potency at the 4-cell stage, we aimed to derive pluripotent human embryonic stem cells (hESC) from single blastomeres...
- HLA-G expression in human embryonic stem cells and preimplantation embryosAn Verloes
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Brussels, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Immunol 186:2663-71. 2011..This data might be important for cell therapy and transplantation because undifferentiated hESC can contaminate the transplant of differentiated stem cells and develop into malignant cancer cells...
- The four blastomeres of a 4-cell stage human embryo are able to develop individually into blastocysts with inner cell mass and trophectodermHilde Van De Velde
Research Centre Reproduction and Genetics, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 23:1742-7. 2008..We investigated whether isolated blastomeres of human 4-cell stage embryos could develop in vitro into blastocysts with trophectoderm (TE) and inner cell mass (ICM)...
- Selection of reference genes in mouse embryos and in differentiating human and mouse ES cellsErik Willems
Lab for Cell Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Dev Biol 50:627-35. 2006..When looking for single stable reference genes, beta-actin works best in both mouse embryo and ES cell experiments and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate-dehydrogenase can be applied in both mouse and human ES cell experiments...