Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Nutrient based estimation of acid-base balance in vegetarians and non-vegetariansPeter Deriemaeker
Department of Biometry and Biomechanics, Faculty of Physical Education and Physical Therapy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 65:77-82. 2010..001). The findings of this study indicate that vegetarian food intake produces more alkaline outcomes compared to non-vegetarian diets. The use of the standard PRAL table was sufficient for discrimination between the two diets...
- Energy and macronutrient intake in adolescent sprint athletes: a follow-up studyDirk Aerenhouts
Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Sports Sci 29:73-82. 2011..Dietary habits of adolescent sprint athletes are not always according to guidelines and are relatively stable but repeated advice can induce moderate improvements...
- Influence of physical development on start and countermovement jump performance in adolescent sprint athletesD Aerenhouts
Department of Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 53:1-8. 2013..Sprint start and CMJ rely on technical skills and, therefore, increasing muscularity should be accompanied with sufficient specific training to allow an optimal transfer to start performance...
- Dietary acid-base balance in adolescent sprint athletes: a follow-up studyDirk Aerenhouts
Department of Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels 1050, Belgium
Nutrients 3:200-11. 2011..Grains and dairy products were only discriminative between the two groups on one measurement occasion. Lowering the PRAL can be obtained by increasing the consumption of potatoes, fruits, vegetables and vegetable soup...
- Nutritional habits of Flemish adolescent sprint athletesDirk Aerenhouts
Dept of Human Biometry and Biomechanics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 18:509-23. 2008..To investigate dietary habits of Flemish adolescent track and field athletes using a 7-d weighed-food record. Besides adequacy for growth, development, and physical performance, dietary health aspects were considered...