- Aphid alarm pheromone: an overview of current knowledge on biosynthesis and functionsSophie Vandermoten
Department of Functional and Evolutionary Entomology, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, University of Liege, Passage des Déportés 2, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 42:155-63. 2012....
- Structural features conferring dual geranyl/farnesyl diphosphate synthase activity to an aphid prenyltransferaseSophie Vandermoten
Gembloux Agricultural University, Department of Functional and Evolutionary Entomology, Passage des Déportés 2, Gembloux, Belgium
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:707-16. 2009..Thus the aphid enzyme apparently evolved to maintain the capacity to produce both GPP and FPP through a balance between these mechanisms...
- Conserved odorant-binding proteins from aphids and eavesdropping predatorsSophie Vandermoten
Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Functional and Evolutionary Entomology, University of Liege, Gembloux, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e23608. 2011..We postulated that odorant-binding proteins (OBPs), which are highly expressed in insect olfactory tissues and involved in the first step of odorant reception, have conserved regions involved in binding (E)-ß-farnesene...
- Purification and characterisation of a 31-kDa chitinase from the Myzus Persicae aphid: a target for hemiptera biocontrolFrederic Francis
Entomologie fonctionnelle et évolutive, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Universite de Liege, Gembloux, Liege, Belgium
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 166:1291-300. 2012..The efficiency of two potent chitinase inhibitors, namely allosamidin and psammaplin A, was tested and showed significant rate of enzymatic inhibition...
- Characterization of a novel aphid prenyltransferase displaying dual geranyl/farnesyl diphosphate synthase activitySophie Vandermoten
Gembloux Agricultural University, Department of Functional and Evolutionary Entomology, Passage des Déportés 2, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
FEBS Lett 582:1928-34. 2008..Analysis of an MpIPPS homology model pointed to substitutions that could confer GPP/FPP synthase activity to the aphid enzyme...
- New insights into short-chain prenyltransferases: structural features, evolutionary history and potential for selective inhibitionSophie Vandermoten
Department of Functional and Evolutionary Entomology, Gembloux Agricultural University, Passage des Déportés 2, 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
Cell Mol Life Sci 66:3685-95. 2009..Finally, there is considerable interest in designing inhibitors specific to short-chain prenyltransferases, for the purpose of developing new drugs or pesticides that target the isoprenoid biosynthetic pathway...