Steven Van Laere
- Array-based DNA methylation profiling for breast cancer subtype discriminationIlse Van der Auwera
Translational Cancer Research Group, Laboratory of Pathology, University of Antwerp University Hospital Antwerp, Oncology Center, Sint Augustinus, Antwerp, Belgium
PLoS ONE 5:e12616. 2010..We sought to determine whether the distinction of the inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) phenotype from the non-IBC phenotype by transcriptomics could be sustained by methylomics...
- Integrated miRNA and mRNA expression profiling of the inflammatory breast cancer subtypeI Van der Auwera
Translational Cancer Research Group Laboratory of Pathology, University of Antwerp University Hospital Antwerp, Oncology Centre, Sint Augustinus, Oosterveldlaan 24, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Br J Cancer 103:532-41. 2010..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are key regulators of gene expression. In this study, we explored whether altered miRNA expression has a prominent role in defining the inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) phenotype...
- Uncovering the molecular secrets of inflammatory breast cancer biology: an integrated analysis of three distinct affymetrix gene expression datasetsSteven J Van Laere
Translational Cancer Research Unit, Oncology Center, General Hospital Sint Augustinus, Antwerp, Wilrijk, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 19:4685-96. 2013..Here, we present the integration of three Affymetrix expression datasets collected through the World IBC Consortium allowing us to interrogate the molecular profile of IBC using the largest series of IBC samples ever reported...
- Expression profiling of cancerous and normal breast tissues identifies microRNAs that are differentially expressed in serum from patients with (metastatic) breast cancer and healthy volunteersEleni van Schooneveld
Department of Oncology, University Hospitals Leuven and Catholic University Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, B3000 Belgium
Breast Cancer Res 14:R34. 2012..In the current study, we evaluated the feasibility and clinical utility of circulating miRNAs as biomarkers for the detection and staging of breast cancer...
- Quantitative methylation profiling in tumor and matched morphologically normal tissues from breast cancer patientsIlse Van der Auwera
Translational Cancer Research Group Laboratory of Pathology, University of Antwerp University Hospital Antwerp Oncology Centre, General Hospital St Augustinus, 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
BMC Cancer 10:97. 2010....
- Is there a role for mammary stem cells in inflammatory breast carcinoma?: a review of evidence from cell line, animal model, and human tissue sample experimentsSteven Van Laere
Translational Cancer Research Group, Laboratory of Pathology, University of Antwerp University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Cancer 116:2794-805. 2010..Recently, the latter mechanism was identified as a prerequisite for the induction of stem cell characteristics in breast cancer cells...
- Distinct molecular signature of inflammatory breast cancer by cDNA microarray analysisSteven Van Laere
Translational Cancer Research Group, Lab Pathology, University of Antwerp University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem and General Hospital, Sint Augustinus, Wilrijk, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res Treat 93:237-46. 2005..The results of our study provide potential targets for the treatment of patients with IBC...
- Relapse-free survival in breast cancer patients is associated with a gene expression signature characteristic for inflammatory breast cancerSteven Van Laere
Translational Cancer Research Group, Laboratory of Pathology, University of Antwerp and Oncology Center, General Hospital Sint Augustinus, Wilrijk, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 14:7452-60. 2008....
- The histological growth pattern of colorectal cancer liver metastases has prognostic valueGert G Van den Eynden
Translational Cancer Research Unit, Augustinus Hospital, Oosterveldlaan 24, 2610, Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Exp Metastasis 29:541-9. 2012....
- Hallmarks of aromatase inhibitor drug resistance revealed by epigenetic profiling in breast cancerMaurice P H M Jansen
Authors Affiliations Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Cancer Institute, Rotterdam Departments of Molecular Carcinogenesis and Molecular Pathology, Central Genomic Facility, the Netherlands Cancer Institute Agendia NV, Amsterdam, the Netherlands and Translational Cancer Research Unit, Laboratory of Pathology, Antwerp University Oncology Centre, GZA Hospitals St Augustinus, Antwerp, Belgium
Cancer Res 73:6632-41. 2013..The classification potential of these genes was only partially preserved in a cohort of 101 patients who received first-line tamoxifen treatment, suggesting some treatment selectivity in patient classification...