Andre Van Gossum
- Capsule endoscopy versus colonoscopy for the detection of polyps and cancerAndre Van Gossum
Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
N Engl J Med 361:264-70. 2009..An ingestible capsule consisting of an endoscope equipped with a video camera at both ends was designed to explore the colon. This study compared capsule endoscopy with optical colonoscopy for the detection of colorectal polyps and cancer...
- Colon capsule endoscopy: a new tool for colon examination?Andre Van Gossum
Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Brabant, 1070, Belgium
Discov Med 9:46-50. 2010..Technological improvements of the capsule and adaptation of the colon preparation are expected to increase the sensitivity of the colon capsule...
- Guidelines for colorectal cancer screening--a puzzle of tests and strategiesA Van Gossum
Clinic of Intestinal Diseases and Nutritional Support, Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme Hospital Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 65:433-6. 2010..Every screening programme has advantages and limitations. Enhancing use and quality of CRC screening programmes is mandatory...
- Video capsule endoscopy: what is the future?Andre Van Gossum
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, Brussels 1070, Belgium
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 39:807-26. 2010....
- Helicobacter pylori modulation of gastric and duodenal mucosal T cell cytokine secretions in children compared with adultsPatrick Bontems
Department of Immunology and Gastroenterology Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Helicobacter 8:216-26. 2003..Since immunological determinants influence the outcome of H. pylori infection, we have investigated mucosal T cell responses in H. pylori-infected children and compared them with those of adults and negative controls...
- Dose-effect of interleukin-10 and its immunoregulatory role in Crohn's diseaseAlain Schmit
Department of Immunology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur Cytokine Netw 13:298-305. 2002..Only marginal effects have, however, been reported, and the dose-response curve was bell-shaped contrasting with the reported data from in vitro experiments...
- Evaluation of Fujinon intelligent chromo endoscopy-assisted capsule endoscopy in patients with obscure gastroenterology bleedingTarun Gupta
Department of Hepato Gastroenterology, Erasme Hospital Free University of Brussels, Route de Lennik, 808, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
World J Gastroenterol 17:4590-5. 2011....
- Consecutive fecal calprotectin measurements to predict relapse in patients with ulcerative colitis receiving infliximab maintenance therapyMartine De Vos
Department of Gastroenterology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:2111-7. 2013..This study examined whether fecal calprotectin can be used in daily practice as a marker to monitor patients with ulcerative colitis (UC) receiving infliximab maintenance therapy...
- Multicenter randomized-controlled clinical trial of probiotics (Lactobacillus johnsonii, LA1) on early endoscopic recurrence of Crohn's disease after lleo-caecal resectionAndre Van Gossum
Erasme University Hospital, ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Inflamm Bowel Dis 13:135-42. 2007..This study is a multicenter clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of an oral administration of the probiotic LAl on early post-operative endoscopic recurrence of CD...
- A prospective comparative study of push and wireless-capsule enteroscopy in patients with obscure digestive bleedingAndre Van Gossum
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatopancreatology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik, 808, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 66:199-205. 2003..To prospectively compare the global and specific diagnostic yields of push and wireless videocapsule enteroscopy for small bowel lesions in patients with obscure digestive bleeding after esogastroduodenoscopy and colonoscopy...