W A Wuyts
Affiliation: University Hospitals Leuven
- Patient-centred management in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: similar themes in three communication modelsWim A Wuyts
Unit for Interstitial Lung Diseases, Dept of Pulmonary Medicine, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium Fertility and Procreation Unit, Division of Gynaecologic Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy National Heart and Lung Institute, Royal Brompton Hospital and Imperial College, London, UK
Eur Respir Rev 23:231-8. 2014..The development of effective communication skills is an on-going process and it is recommended to examine communication models used in other chronic diseases...
- Multiplex protein profiling of bronchoalveolar lavage in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and hypersensitivity pneumonitisWillems Stijn
Department of Pathophysiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Ann Thorac Med 8:38-45. 2013..Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) are diffuse parenchymal lung diseases characterized by a mixture of inflammation and fibrosis, leading to lung destruction and finally death...
- Pulmonary lymphangitic carcinomatosis as a primary manifestation of gastric carcinoma in a young adult: a case report and review of the literatureKim Moubax
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals Leuven, Digestive Oncology Unit, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
BMC Res Notes 5:638. 2012..Lymphangitic carcinomatosis as a manifestation of gastric carcinoma is rare. The presenting symptoms are misleading and nonspecific, often resulting in delayed diagnosis...
- The pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis: a moving targetWim A Wuyts
Laboratory of Pneumology, Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Respir J 41:1207-18. 2013..The latter will probably consist of a combination of agents targeting a number of key pathways...
- Clinical use of biomarkers of survival in pulmonary fibrosisMichiel Thomeer
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg, Genk, Belgium
Respir Res 11:89. 2010..These decisions are made easier if accurate and objective measurements of the patients' clinical status can predict the risk of progression to death...
- Azithromycin reduces pulmonary fibrosis in a bleomycin mouse modelW A Wuyts
Laboratory of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Exp Lung Res 36:602-14. 2010..A possible mechanism could be a modulation of both innate immunity and adaptive immunity. These findings might suggest a potential role for azithromycin in the treatment of IPF...
- Newer modes of treating interstitial lung diseaseWim A Wuyts
Unit for Interstitial Lung Diseases, Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Curr Opin Pulm Med 17:332-6. 2011..This review critically discusses recent advances in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Moreover, it also focuses on the practical approach of a patient diagnosed with IPF and uncovers challenges for the future...
- Macrolides inhibit IL17-induced IL8 and 8-isoprostane release from human airway smooth muscle cellsB M Vanaudenaerde
Laboratorium of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Transplant 7:76-82. 2007..In BOS patients, these phenomena may explain the anti-inflammatory effects of azithromycin...
- The role of the IL23/IL17 axis in bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome after lung transplantationB M Vanaudenaerde
Laboratory of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Transplant 8:1911-20. 2008..IL6, IL1beta and IL23 seem to be skewing cytokines and IL2 a counteracting cytokine for T(H)17 alignment. The involvement of TGF-beta could not be confirmed, either as T(H)17 steering or as counteracting cytokine...
- The role of interleukin-17 during acute rejection after lung transplantationB M Vanaudenaerde
Laboratory of Pneumology, Katholieke Universiteit, and Lung Transplantation Unit, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur Respir J 27:779-87. 2006..These findings suggest that interleukin-17 is important in the pathophysiology of acute lung rejection...
- Modulation by cAMP of IL-1beta-induced eotaxin and MCP-1 expression and release in human airway smooth muscle cellsW A Wuyts
Laboratory of Pneumology, Unit of Respiratory Pharmacology, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Respir J 22:220-6. 2003..These findings may be important for the further development of new anti-inflammatory drugs...
- Quantitative analysis of 8-isoprostane and hydrogen peroxide in exhaled breath condensateP G A Van Hoydonck
Dept of Public Health, Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Respir J 23:189-92. 2004....
- N-acetylcysteine reduces chemokine release via inhibition of p38 MAPK in human airway smooth muscle cellsW A Wuyts
KU Leuven, Laboratory of Pneumology, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Respir J 22:43-9. 2003..This study has also shown that N-acetylcysteine decreases the interleukin-1beta-induced production of reactive oxygen species, as suggested by a reduction in the 8-isoprostane production...