Bart Van Rompaey
Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- Risk factors for intensive care delirium: a systematic reviewBart Van Rompaey
University of Antwerp, Division of Nursing Science and Midwifery, Belgium
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 24:98-107. 2008..The APACHE II score and hypertension were the only factors reported twice. Risk factors for the development of intensive care delirium were understudied and underreported in the literature...
- A comparison of the CAM-ICU and the NEECHAM Confusion Scale in intensive care delirium assessment: an observational study in non-intubated patientsBart Van Rompaey
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Nursing Science and Midwifery, Belgium, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium
Crit Care 12:R16. 2008..This scale allows the patients to be classified in four categories: non-delirious, at risk, confused, and delirious. In this study, we investigated the results of the NEECHAM scale in comparison with the CAM-ICU...
- Risk factors for delirium in intensive care patients: a prospective cohort studyBart Van Rompaey
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine, Division of Nursing Science and Midwifery, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium
Crit Care 13:R77. 2009..Delirium is a common complication in the intensive care unit. The attention of researchers has shifted from the treatment to the prevention of the syndrome necessitating the study of associated risk factors...
- Long term outcome after delirium in the intensive care unitBart Van Rompaey
University of Antwerp, Division of Nursing Science and Midwifery, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium, Artesis University College of Antwerp, Department of Health Sciences, J De Boeckstraat 10, 2170 Merksem, Belgium
J Clin Nurs 18:3349-57. 2009..This research studied the long term outcome of intensive care delirium defined as mortality and quality of life at three and six months after discharge of the intensive care unit...
- Nurses' practices in pharmacotherapy and their association with educational levelTinne Dilles
Department of Nursing Science, University of Antwerp, Belgium and Heymans Institute for Pharmacology, University of Ghent, Belgium
J Adv Nurs 66:1072-9. 2010..This paper is a report of a study of the association between educational level and nurses' practices in pharmacotherapeutic activities in three clinical settings...
- Barriers for nurses to safe medication management in nursing homesTinne Dilles
University of Antwerp, Department of Nursing Science, Antwerp, Belgium
J Nurs Scholarsh 43:171-80. 2011..This study aims to identify and compare the relevance of barriers that nurses in nursing homes experience in medication management in Belgium...