Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- Lessons learned from a measles outbreak in Antwerp, Belgium 2007-2008Carine Asnong
School Health Center of the Province of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:343-5. 2011..Not only belief issues but difficulties to access the regular vaccination program also seem to be the main reason...
- EuSANH workshop "Reasons behind the differences in national vaccination schedules for under-five", European Public Health pre-conference workshop, Malta, 8 November 2012H Theeten
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Vaccine 31:4694-6. 2013..These were the main conclusions of a members' experts panel of the European network of independent science advisory bodies on health (EuSANH), at a workshop in November 2012. ..
- Effects of lowering the aluminium content of a dTpa vaccine on its immunogenicity and reactogenicity when given as a booster to adolescentsH Theeten
WHO Collaborating Centre, Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Epidemiology and Social Medicine, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Vaccine 23:1515-21. 2005..5-90.7%), fatigue (42.1-47.4%) and headache (41.1-45.1%). This study showed that the aluminium content has a specific influence on the immunogenicity of this dTpa vaccine...
- Are we hitting immunity targets? The 2006 age-specific seroprevalence of measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria and tetanus in BelgiumH Theeten
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Epidemiol Infect 139:494-504. 2011..Despite free universal vaccination against MMR for more than 20 years and against diphtheria and tetanus for almost 60 years, our study revealed specific age groups remaining at risk for infection with these pathogens...
- Coverage of recommended vaccines in children at 7-8 years of age in Flanders, BelgiumHeidi Theeten
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Acta Paediatr 98:1307-12. 2009..Meningococcal serogroup C and DT-polio vaccines offered respectively as catch-up and booster vaccinations were also evaluated...
- Common attitudes about concomitant vaccine injections for infants and adolescents in Flanders, BelgiumHeidi Theeten
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Campus Drie Eiken, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Vaccine 27:1964-9. 2009..Work-loss due to vaccination was assessed for infants only and was rare (4.5%)...
- Caregivers' willingness to pay to reduce the number of vaccine injections in infantsHeidi Theeten
Center for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:61-3. 2009..These results suggest that more sophisticated methods are required, and similar analyses should exert a similar level of caution when presenting their results...
- Infant vaccination coverage in 2005 and predictive factors for complete or valid vaccination in Flanders, Belgium: an EPI-surveyHeidi Theeten
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Vaccine 25:4940-8. 2007....
- Timeliness of infant vaccination and factors related with delay in Flanders, BelgiumTinne Lernout
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Vaccine 32:284-9. 2014....
- Assessing vaccination coverage in infants, survey studies versus the Flemish immunisation register: achieving the best of both worldsTessa Braeckman
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Vaccine 32:345-9. 2014..However, further improvement of Vaccinnet's completeness will likely allow more accurate estimates in the nearby future...
- Serology indicates cytomegalovirus infection is associated with varicella-zoster virus reactivationBenson Ogunjimi
Centre for Health Economics Research and Modeling Infectious Diseases, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and Statistical Bioinformatics, Hasselt University, Hasselt, Belgium
J Med Virol 86:812-9. 2014..The combined results thus suggest that both CMV-dependent and CMV-independent immunosenescence occurs. This is supported by an in-depth analysis of VZV, measles and parvovirus B19 antibody titers...
- Primary vaccination of adults with reduced antigen-content diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis or dTpa-inactivated poliovirus vaccines compared to diphtheria-tetanus-toxoid vaccinesHeidi Theeten
University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, Wilrijk, Belgium
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2729-39. 2007....
- Vaccination coverage in 14-year-old adolescents: documentation, timeliness, and sociodemographic determinantsCorinne Vandermeulen
Center for Youth Health Care, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 35, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pediatrics 121:e428-34. 2008..The objective of this study was to measure the coverage and influencing determinants of hepatitis B virus, measles-mumps-rubella, and Meningococcus serogroup C vaccination in 14-year-old adolescents in Flanders, Belgium, in 2005...
- Comparison of rubella seroepidemiology in 17 countries: progress towards international disease control targetsAnthony Nardone
Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London, England
Bull World Health Organ 86:118-25. 2008..To standardize serological surveillance to compare rubella susceptibility in Australia and 16 European countries, and measure progress towards international disease-control targets...