Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- Estimation of the noise in magnitude MR imagesJ Sijbers
Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Imaging 16:87-90. 1998..In this note a new method is proposed to estimate the image noise variance for this type of data distribution. The method is based on a double image acquisition, thereby exploiting the knowledge of the Rice distribution moments...
- Adaptive anisotropic noise filtering for magnitude MR dataJ Sijbers
Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Magn Reson Imaging 17:1533-9. 1999..In this work, we show how the Rice data probability distribution can be incorporated so as to construct a noise filter that is far less biased...
- Restoration of MR-induced artifacts in simultaneously recorded MR/EEG dataJ Sijbers
Vision Lab, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Imaging 17:1383-91. 1999..The method has proved to be fully automatic and to retain high frequency EEG information, which is indispensable for many EEG applications...
- Maximum-likelihood estimation of Rician distribution parametersJ Sijbers
Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 17:357-61. 1998..In contrast to previously proposed methods, ML estimation is demonstrated to be unbiased for high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and to yield physical relevant results for low SNR...
- Multiscale white matter fiber tract coregistration: a new feature-based approach to align diffusion tensor dataA Leemans
Vision Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Med 55:1414-23. 2006..An in vivo coregistration example is presented and compared with a voxel-based coregistration approach, demonstrating the feasibility and advantages of the proposed technique to align DT data of the human brain...
- Special designed RF-antenna with integrated non-invasive carbon electrodes for simultaneous magnetic resonance imaging and electroencephalography acquisition at 7TJ Van Audekerkea
Bio Imaging Lab, University of Antwerp, RUCA, Groenenborgerlaan, 171, B 2020, Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Imaging 18:887-91. 2000..As the acquired EEG signals are heavily disturbed by the gradient switching, intelligent filtering is applied to obtain a clean EEG signal...
- Automatic localization of EEG electrode markers within 3D MR dataJ Sijbers
Vision Lab, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Imaging 18:485-8. 2000..In this work, we present an automatic, simple, and accurate scheme that detects EEG electrode markers from 3D MR data of the human head...
- Optimal threshold selection for tomogram segmentation by projection distance minimizationK J Batenburg
University of Antwerp, IBBT Vision Lab, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:676-86. 2009..Simulation experiments applied to various phantom images show that our proposed method obtains superior results compared to established histogram-based methods...
- Maximum likelihood estimation of signal amplitude and noise variance from MR dataJ Sijbers
Vision Lab, Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Med 51:586-94. 2004..As a performance criterion, the mean-squared error (MSE) is used...
- Mathematical framework for simulating diffusion tensor MR neural fiber bundlesA Leemans
Vision Laboratory, Department of Physics, University of Antwerp, B 2020 Antwerp, Belgium
Magn Reson Med 53:944-53. 2005..Several examples of how the mathematical framework can be applied to compare fiber-tracking algorithms are presented...
- Generalized likelihood ratio tests for complex fMRI data: a simulation studyJ Sijbers
University of Antwerp, Vision Lab, CMI, Groenenborgerlaan 171, U316, B 2020 Antwerpen, Belgium
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:604-11. 2005..It is argued that, in practical situations, GLRTs based on magnitude data are likely to perform better compared to GLRTs based on complex data in terms of detection rate and constant false alarm rate properties...
- Subchronic memantine induced concurrent functional disconnectivity and altered ultra-structural tissue integrity in the rodent brain: revealed by multimodal MRIS Sekar
Bio Imaging Lab, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Antwerp, Campus Drie Eiken, D UC 109, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610, Wilrijk, Belgium
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 227:479-91. 2013..We investigated effects of subchronic treatment with the NMDA antagonist memantine by using behavioural observation and multimodal MRI...
- Neuroanatomy of the fragile X knockout mouse brain studied using in vivo high resolution magnetic resonance imagingR F Kooy
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Hum Genet 7:526-32. 1999..We did not find evidence for size alterations in various brain regions of the fragile X mouse model, but the method described may find a wide application in the study of mutant mouse models with neurological involvement...
- 3D imaging of nanomaterials by discrete tomographyK J Batenburg
Vision Lab, University of Antwerp CDE, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Wilrijk, Belgium
Ultramicroscopy 109:730-40. 2009....
- An energy-based beam hardening model in tomographyE Van de Casteele
Vision Lab, Physics Departement, University of Antwerp RUCA, Belgium
Phys Med Biol 47:4181-90. 2002..The validity of the proposed model is examined by fitting the model to the experimental datapoints obtained on a microtomograph for different materials and source voltages...
- L1 knockout mice show dilated ventricles, vermis hypoplasia and impaired exploration patternsE Fransen
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Hum Mol Genet 7:999-1009. 1998..Additionally, the cerebellar vermis of the KO mice is hypoplastic. Their exploratory behavior is characterized by stereotype peripheral circling reminiscent of that of rodents with induced cerebellar lesions...