Raoul P A Rooman
Affiliation: University Hospital Antwerp
- IGF-I, IGF-II, 'free' IGF-I and IGF-binding proteins-2 to -6 during high-dose oestrogen treatment in constitutionally tall girlsRaoul P A Rooman
Department of Pediatrics, Antwerp University Hospital, Edegem, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 146:823-9. 2002..To investigate the effect of high-dose oestrogen treatment on IGF-I, IGF-II, free-dissociable IGF-I and the IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP)-2 to -6 in girls with constitutional tall stature...
- Growth and ovarian function in girls with 48,XXXX karyotype--patient report and review of the literatureRaoul P A Rooman
Department of Paediatrics, Antwerp University Hospital, Edegem, Belgium
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 15:1051-5. 2002..The few data that are available in the literature indicate that tall stature and primary ovarian failure are not essential characteristics of the 48,XXXX phenotype...
- Dexamethasone differentially inhibits thyroxine- or growth hormone-induced body and organ growth of Snell dwarf miceRaoul P A Rooman
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, University Medical Center, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 144:2553-8. 2003..GH even potentiated the growth inhibition by DXM in the thymus and tibia. In conclusion, T(4)-stimulated growth in Snell dwarf mice is less affected by DXM than growth stimulated by GH..
- Ethinylestradiol and testosterone have divergent effects on circulating IGF system components in adolescents with constitutional tall statureRaoul P A Rooman
Department of Pediatrics, Antwerp University Hospital, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 152:597-604. 2005..We therefore studied the changes in the circulating components of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system during high dose sex steroid therapy...
- Female children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes have more pronounced early echocardiographic signs of diabetic cardiomyopathyBert E Suys
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, University Hospital of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Diabetes Care 27:1947-53. 2004....
- A nonmosaic 45,X karyotype in a mother with Turner's syndrome and in her daughterMartine Cools
Department of Pediatrics, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium
Fertil Steril 82:923-5. 2004..To describe a woman with a nonmosaic (45,X) form of Turner's syndrome who gave birth to a girl with 45,X Turner syndrome...
- QTc interval prolongation and QTc dispersion in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesBert E Suys
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospitals, Antwerp and Ghent, Belgium
J Pediatr 141:59-63. 2002..To evaluate whether QT interval, QT interval corrected for heart rate (QTc), and QTc dispersion changes are already present in children and adolescents with diabetes...