Affiliation: University of Namur
- Development of a sensitive multi-well colorimetric assay for active NFkappaBP Renard
Laboratoire de Biologie et Biochimie Cellulaire, Facultes Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, 61 rue de Bruxelles, B 5000 Namur, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 29:E21. 2001..This assay is easy to use, non-radioactive, highly reproducible, specific for NFkappaB, more sensitive than regular radioactive gel shift and very convenient for high throughput screening...
- Is the effect of interleukin-1 on glutathione oxidation in cultured human fibroblasts involved in nuclear factor-kappaB activation?P Renard
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biologie Cellulaire, Facultes Universitaires Notre Dame de la Paix, Namur, Belgium
Antioxid Redox Signal 3:329-40. 2001..Of the five antioxidants tested, only curcumin was able to inhibit IkappaBalpha degradation upstream and, hence, NF-kappaB DNA-binding activity and NF-kappaB-dependent expression of IL-6 downstream...
- mtCLIC is up-regulated and maintains a mitochondrial membrane potential in mtDNA-depleted L929 cellsT Arnould
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Cellulaire, University of Namur F U N D P, 61 rue de Bruxelles, 5000 Namur, Belgium
FASEB J 17:2145-7. 2003..These findings suggest that mtCLIC could be involved in mitochondrial membrane potential generation in mtDNA-depleted cells, a feature required to prevent apoptosis and to drive continuous protein import into mitochondria...
- Unbiased proteomic analysis of proteins interacting with the HIV-1 5'LTR sequence: role of the transcription factor MeisA Tacheny
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Cell Biology URBC, Namur Research Institute for Life Sciences, University of Namur, 61 rue de Bruxelles, 5000 Namur, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 40:e168. 2012..Combined with an in silico analysis of the DNA sequence of interest, this approach provides a powerful approach to select the interacting candidates to validate functionally by classical approaches...
- CREB activation induced by mitochondrial dysfunction is a new signaling pathway that impairs cell proliferationT Arnould
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Cellulaire, University of Namur FUNDP, 61 rue de Bruxelles, B 5000 Namur, Belgium
EMBO J 21:53-63. 2002..Finally, our data suggest that phosphorylated CREB recruits p53 tumor suppressor protein, modifies its transcriptional activity and increases the expression of p21(Waf1/Cip1), a p53-regulated cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor...
- Synthesis, cytotoxic activity, NMR study and stereochemical effects of some new pyrano[3,2-b]thioxanthen-6-ones and pyrano[2,3-c]thioxanthen-7-onesI K Kostakis
Department of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis-Zografou, 17345, Athens, Greece
Bioorg Med Chem 9:2793-802. 2001..The conformation of the molecules was also investigated in an effort to correlate this parameter with the biological activity...
- Antitumor agents. Synthesis and biological evaluation of new compounds related to podophyllotoxin, containing the 2,3-dihydro-1,4-benzodioxin systemA S Capilla
, , Universitat de Barcelona, Av. Diagonal 643, E-08028 Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Med Chem 36:389-93. 2001..The bis(phenylthio) derivatives were considered as possible precursors for lignan lactones (11). The hydroxy-naphthalen 6 showed a significant antineoplastic activity...
- Synthesis and cytotoxicity of artemisinin derivatives containing cyanoarylmethyl groupJ M Wu
Department of Synthetic Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Eur J Med Chem 36:469-79. 2001..This mechanism of action was quite different from that of the majority of cytotoxic compounds used in the chemotherapy of cancer. Compound 4b possessed better cytotoxicity than the other compounds...
- Synthesis and cytotoxic activity of benzopyranoxanthone analogues of benzC Sittisombut
, UMR/CNRS, , Paris, France
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 49:675-9. 2001..cis-3,4-Diacetoxy-5-methoxy-2,2-dimethyl-3,4-dihydro-2H,6H-benzo[b]pyrano[2,3-i]xanthen-6-one, the most active among the new compounds, was more potent than acronycine in inhibiting the proliferation of L1210 murine leukemia cells...
- 2,2-Dimethyl-2H-anthra[2,3-b]pyran-6,11-diones: a new class of cytotoxic compoundsE Melliou
Laboratory of Pharmacognosy, University of Athens, Greece
Bioorg Med Chem 9:607-12. 2001..Certain compounds possess interesting activity against murine leukemia L-1210 cells. Relationships between the biological activity and the pyrano-ring conformations are discussed...
- Mitochondrial GPx1 decreases induced but not basal oxidative damage to mtDNA in T47D cellsJ Legault
Unit of Health and Environment, CHUL Research Center and Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:416-22. 2000....