Affiliation: University Hospitals Leuven
- Short-term use of parenteral nutrition with a lipid emulsion containing a mixture of soybean oil, olive oil, medium-chain triglycerides, and fish oil: a randomized double-blind study in preterm infantsMaissa Rayyan
Department of Neonatology, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:81S-94S. 2012....
- Characteristics of respiratory syncytial virus-related apnoea in three infantsM Rayyan
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Paediatr 93:847-9. 2004..The apnoeas were of central origin. The caregivers had not noted any apparent life-threatening events (ALTE) prior to the polysomnography. Cardiorespiratory monitoring after the acute infection did not reveal any further apnoeas...
- Neonatal cholinesterase inhibitor poisoning: materno-fetal exchange of pesticideM Rayyan
Department of Paediatrics, Kalafong Hospital, University of Pretoria, South Africa
J Paediatr Child Health 41:152-3. 2005..We conclude that infants can present with tachycardia associated with cholinesterase inhibitor toxicity. Despite the side-effects intravenous atropine should not be withheld in the treatment of mother and infant...
- Urinary metabolites to assess in vivo ontogeny of hepatic drug metabolism in early neonatal lifeK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 29:251-6. 2007..Urine metabolites to assess in vivo metabolism of drugs routinely administered in neonates likely increase both the feasibility and clinical relevance of studies on in vivo isoenzyme-specific ontogeny in neonates...
- Cardiorespiratory events recorded on home monitors: the effect of prematurity on later serious eventsG Naulaers
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
Acta Paediatr 96:195-8. 2007..To describe severe alarms on home-documented monitoring in infants born prematurely...
- Developmental pharmacology: neonates are not just small adultsK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Division of Woman and Child, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 63:16-24. 2008....
- High-resolution perineal ultrasound of a paraurethral cyst in a neonate (2008: 8b)L Breysem
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Radiol 18:2701-3. 2008..Although not always performed in these cases, ultrasonographic evaluation is an easily performed examination in assessment of the final diagnosis and therapeutic decisions...
- Contribution of glucuronidation to tramadol disposition in early neonatal lifeKarel Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Gathuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:110-2. 2006
- Impact of ibuprofen administration on renal drug clearance in the first weeks of lifeK Allegaert
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Division of Woman and Child, University Hospital, Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 28:519-22. 2006..Population modeling with covariate analyses can provide us with the tools to further disentangle the impact of nonselective COX-inhibitors on renal drug clearance...