Carolyn H Declerck
Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- When do people cooperate? The neuroeconomics of prosocial decision makingCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Brain Cogn 81:95-117. 2013..Several additional hypotheses with respect to the neural roots of social preferences are derived from the model and suggested for future research...
- Asymmetries in activation and arousal may contribute to lateralised effects of habituation and contingency learning during a repetitive choice reaction time taskCarolyn Declerck
University of Antwerp, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Laterality 9:359-80. 2004..These results are explained in terms of hemispheric asymmetries in arousal and activation, as originally suggested by Tucker and Williamson (1984)...
- On feeling in control: a biological theory for individual differences in control perceptionCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Department of Business Economics, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Brain Cogn 62:143-76. 2006..In addition, a possible role of subcortical-cortical dopamine pathways underlying control perception is discussed...
- Spontaneous Eye Blink Rates vary according to individual differences in generalized control perceptionCarolyn H Declerck
Department of Business Economics, Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium
Percept Mot Skills 102:721-35. 2006..The possible roles of dopamine neurotransmission and frontal cortex involvement in higher cognition and Locus of Control are discussed...
- Social value orientation: related to empathy and the ability to read the mind in the eyesCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, Department of Management, Prinsstraat 13, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
J Soc Psychol 148:711-26. 2008..These social skills correlated negatively with an individualistic orientation...
- Oxytocin and cooperation under conditions of uncertainty: the modulating role of incentives and social informationCarolyn H Declerck
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics, Antwerpen, Belgium
Horm Behav 57:368-74. 2010..When these cues are absent, OT appears to instead elicit a risk-averse strategy...
- The cognitive demands on cooperation in social dilemmas: an fMRI studyGriet Emonds
Faculty of Applied Economics, University of Antwerp, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Soc Neurosci 7:494-509. 2012..The differences in brain activation elicited by the different incentive structures of the PD and the SH appear to be independent of individual differences in revealed social preferences...
- Tonic and phasic activation and arousal effects as a function of feedback in repetitive-choice reaction time tasksBert De Brabander
Department of Applied Economics, Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium
Behav Neurosci 116:397-402. 2002..The interaction effects appear to be consistent with the proposed neurological model...
- Social value orientation and cooperation in social dilemmas: a review and conceptual modelSandy Bogaert
University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Br J Soc Psychol 47:453-80. 2008..We conclude this review by pointing to several avenues for future research that would help to deepen our understanding of the role of SVO in human cooperation...
- Sex differences in susceptibility to the Poggendorff illusionCarolyn Declerck
University of Antwerp RUCA
Percept Mot Skills 94:3-8. 2002..This finding is consistent with the numerous studies which have indicated better visuospatial abilities for men than for women...