Affiliation: University of Antwerp
- Economic evaluations applied to HB vaccination: general observationsP Beutels
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Vaccine 16:S84-92. 1998..Further studies are needed to support decision making in high endemic countries, where both the need for HB vaccination and the pressure on resources are highest...
- An economic evaluation of universal pertussis vaccination in ItalyP Beutels
Center for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Vaccine 17:2400-9. 1999..The total net savings for this strategy would be well over US$100 per additional vaccinee. In the sensitivity analysis, the positive relationship between incremental coverage and incremental efficiency remained unchanged...
- Economic evaluations of hepatitis B immunization: a global review of recent studies (1994-2000)P Beutels
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention and Control of Viral Hepatitis, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Health Econ 10:751-74. 2001..It is recommended that specific guidelines for economic evaluation of the prevention of infectious diseases be developed to guarantee the relevance of and to improve the comparability between studies...
- The difficult quest for data on "vanishing" vaccine-preventable infections in Europe: the case of measles in Flanders (Belgium)Ph Beutels
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610, Antwerp, Belgium
Vaccine 20:3551-9. 2002..We noted throughout that many of the data sources are flawed. Better and accessible data bases are required to improve the reliability of similar studies in the future...
- Economic evaluation of options for measles vaccination strategy in a hypothetical Western European countryPh Beutels
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Antwerp, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
Epidemiol Infect 130:273-83. 2003....
- Hepatitis B in St Petersburg, Russia (1994-1999): incidence, prevalence and force of infectionPh Beutels
Centre for the Evaluation of Vaccination, WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention and Control of Viral Hepatitis, Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
J Viral Hepat 10:141-9. 2003..Without intervention, HB virus is expected to continue to spread rapidly with a greater proportion of female infections caused by sexual transmission. These trends may also provide an indication for HIV transmission...
- Estimating the impact of vaccination using age-time-dependent incidence rates of hepatitis BN Hens
Center for Statistics, Hasselt University, Diepenbeek, Belgium
Epidemiol Infect 136:341-51. 2008..Moreover, we have shown that conditional on an assumed baseline susceptibility percentage, a smooth force-of-infection profile can be obtained from which two local maxima were observed at ages 9 and 24 years...
- Pharmaco-economic evaluation of targeted hepatitis A vaccination for children of ethnic minorities in Amsterdam (The Netherlands)M J Postma
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration University of Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy GUIDE GRIP, Groningen, The Netherlands
Vaccine 22:1862-7. 2004..Estimate cost-effectiveness of vaccination against hepatitis A virus (HAV) for children of ethnic minorities in Amsterdam...
- Modelling age-dependent force of infection from prevalence data using fractional polynomialsZ Shkedy
Center for Statistics, Limburgs Universitair Centrum, Universitaire Campus Gebouw D, B 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium
Stat Med 25:1577-91. 2006..We illustrate the method on five seroprevalence samples, two of Hepatitis A, and one of Rubella, Mumps and Varicella...
- Modelling multisera data: the estimation of new joint and conditional epidemiological parametersN Hens
Center for Statistics, Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek, Agoralaan Gebouw D, Diepenbeek, Belgium
Stat Med 27:2651-64. 2008..Furthermore, we show how to test for association and whether the infection-specific age-dependent FOI curves are proportional and consequently whether separable mixing in the population holds...