Affiliation: University Hospital Antwerp
- Interleukin-15-induced CD56(+) myeloid dendritic cells combine potent tumor antigen presentation with direct tumoricidal potentialSébastien Anguille
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute VAXINFECTIO, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Antwerp, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e51851. 2012..The observation that IL-15 DCs have killer DC capacity lends further support to their implementation in DC-based immunotherapy protocols...
- Leukemia-associated antigens and their relevance to the immunotherapy of acute myeloid leukemiaS Anguille
Center for Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine U111, Antwerp University Hospital, Edegem, Antwerp, Belgium
Leukemia 26:2186-96. 2012..The information provided in this review is intended to guide the rational design of future antigen-specific immunotherapy trials, which will hopefully lead to new antileukemia therapies with more selectivity and higher efficacy...
- [Dendritic cell-based therapeutic vaccination for acute myeloid leukemia]Sébastien Anguille
Université d Anvers University of Antwerp, Laboratoire d Hematologie Experimentale, Universiteitsplein 1, 2610 Wilrijk, Anvers, Belgique
Bull Cancer 99:635-42. 2012..Next, we will review the first clinical results obtained with this immunotherapeutic approach in AML patients. Finally, we will briefly reflect on the potential place of DC vaccination in the future therapy of AML...
- Short-term cultured, interleukin-15 differentiated dendritic cells have potent immunostimulatory propertiesSébastien Anguille
University of Antwerp Faculty of Medicine, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute VAXINFECTIO, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
J Transl Med 7:109. 2009..The applicability of these so-called IL-15 DCs has not yet been firmly established. We therefore developed a novel pre-clinical approach for the generation of IL-15 DCs with potent immunostimulatory properties...
- Poly(I:C) enhances the susceptibility of leukemic cells to NK cell cytotoxicity and phagocytosis by DCEva Lion
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute VAXINFECTIO, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e20952. 2011..These data strongly support the use of poly(I:C) as a cancer vaccine component, providing a way to overcome immune evasion by leukemic cells...
- mRNA-based dendritic cell vaccination induces potent antiviral T-cell responses in HIV-1-infected patientsEllen Van Gulck
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Microbiology, Virology Unit, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
AIDS 26:F1-12. 2012..In an effort to raise protective antiviral immunity, dendritic cell immunotherapy was evaluated in six adults infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 and stable under highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Dendritic cell vaccination in acute myeloid leukemiaSébastien Anguille
University of Antwerp, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute VAXINFECTIO, Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Wilrijk, Antwerp, Belgium
Cytotherapy 14:647-56. 2012..We discuss the rationale and basic principles of DC-based therapy for AML and review the clinical experience that has been obtained so far with this form of immunotherapy for patients with AML...
- Induction of complete and molecular remissions in acute myeloid leukemia by Wilms' tumor 1 antigen-targeted dendritic cell vaccinationViggo F Van Tendeloo
University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute Vaxinfectio and Center for Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, Antwerp University Hospital, Antwerp B 2650, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13824-9. 2010..These data support the further development of vaccination with WT1 mRNA-loaded dendritic cells as a postremission treatment to prevent full relapse in AML patients...
- Clinical use of dendritic cells for cancer therapySébastien Anguille
Center for Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, Antwerp University Hospital, Edegem, Belgium Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Tumor Immunology Group TIGR, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute VAXINFECTIO, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Antwerp, Belgium Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:e257-67. 2014....
- Dendritic cell-based cancer gene therapyEvelien L J M Smits
Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute VAXINFECTIO, University of Antwerp, B 2610 Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
Hum Gene Ther 20:1106-18. 2009..Moreover, a detailed review of the already published trials using gene-modified DCs is presented and future DC-based strategies targeting multiple layers of the complex cellular immune response are highlighted...
- Dendritic cell vaccine therapy for acute myeloid leukemia: questions and answersSébastien Anguille
University of Antwerp, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Wilrijk Antwerp, Belgium
Hum Vaccin 7:579-84. 2011..We also discuss the importance of natural killer cells and combination strategies to further improve the outcome of DC-based vaccination in AML patients...