Jean Pierre Hachem
Affiliation: Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel
- Effect of rice starch as a bath additive on the barrier function of healthy but SLS-damaged skin and skin of atopic patientsKristien De Paepe
Department of Toxicology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Derm Venereol 82:184-6. 2002..Rice starch in powder or formulated in a bath product can therefore be recommended as a skin repair bathing additive for barrier damaged skin, particularly in the case of atopic dermatitis patients...
- Acute acidification of stratum corneum membrane domains using polyhydroxyl acids improves lipid processing and inhibits degradation of corneodesmosomesJean Pierre Hachem
Department of Dermatology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 130:500-10. 2010....
- Actin dynamics regulate immediate PAR-2-dependent responses to acute epidermal permeability barrier abrogationTruus Roelandt
Department of Dermatology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Dermatol Sci 61:101-9. 2011..Lamellar body (LB) secretion and terminal differentiation of stratum granulosum (SG) cells are signaled by both protease activated receptor-2 (PAR-2) and caveolin-1 (cav-1)...
- Serine protease activity and residual LEKTI expression determine phenotype in Netherton syndromeJean Pierre Hachem
Dienst Dermatologie, Academisch Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 126:1609-21. 2006..These studies provide a mechanistic basis for phenotypic variations in NS, and describe compensatory mechanisms that permit survival of NS patients in the face of unrelenting SP attack...
- Cannabinoid receptors 1 and 2 oppositely regulate epidermal permeability barrier status and differentiationTruus Roelandt
Department of Dermatology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Exp Dermatol 21:688-93. 2012..Altogether, these observations put forward the importance and the complexity of cannabinoid signalling for the regulation of permeability barrier and epidermal differentiation...
- The "caveolae brake hypothesis" and the epidermal barrierTruus Roelandt
Department of Dermatology, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 129:927-36. 2009..These studies demonstrate that cav-1 delivery to the APM by LB trafficking to APM "brakes" further LB secretion, signals terminal differentiation, and regulates epidermal hyperproliferation...
- Proteolytically active allergens cause barrier breakdownTruus Roelandt
Dienst Dermatologie, Universitair Ziekenhuis Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Invest Dermatol 128:1878-80. 2008..This article exposes the secretive boundaries between barrier homeostasis and immunity...
- Evaluation of biophysical and clinical parameters of skin barrier function among hospital workersJean Pierre Hachem
Department of Dermatology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, B-1090 Brussels, Belgium
Contact Dermatitis 46:220-3. 2002..The results suggest the presence of skin barrier alterations and clinical signs of chronic ICD on the hands of nurses working in operating room units...