Affiliation: Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel
- Management of Klinefelter syndrome during transitionInge Gies
Division of Pediatric EndocrinologyDepartment of EndocrinologyKlinefelter ClinicUZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, BelgiumDivision of Pediatric EndocrinologyDepartment of EndocrinologyKlinefelter ClinicUZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Endocrinol 171:R67-77. 2014..The practical medical management during transition and, more specifically, the role of the endocrinologist are discussed in this article. ..
- Insulin sensitivity modulates the growth response during the first year of high-dose growth hormone treatment in short prepubertal children born small for gestational ageInge Gies
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, at Brussels UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Res Paediatr 78:24-30. 2012..To study the relationship between insulin sensitivity and growth response in short children born small for gestational age (SGA) treated with growth hormone (GH)...
- Spermatogonial stem cell preservation in boys with Klinefelter syndrome: to bank or not to bank, that's the questionInge Gies
Department of Pediatrics, UZ Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 98:284-9. 2012..Retrieval of spermatogonial cells in prepubertal boys with KS should therefore still be viewed as experimental and patients and their parents must be counseled accordingly...
- Failure of a combined clinical- and hormonal-based strategy to detect early spermatogenesis and retrieve spermatogonial stem cells in 47,XXY boys by single testicular biopsyI Gies
Department of Pediatrics, UZ Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, B1090 Jette, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 27:998-1004. 2012....
- Can pubertal boys with Klinefelter syndrome benefit from spermatogonial stem cell banking?D Van Saen
Research Group Biology of Testis, Department of Embryology and Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 27:323-30. 2012..This study aimed to explore the possibility of preserving SSCs in pubertal KS adolescents by testicular tissue banking...
- Well-nourished cystic fibrosis patients have normal mineral density, but reduced cortical thickness at the forearmO Louis
Department of Radiology, UZ Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 20:309-14. 2009..We found that density was normal, but cortical thickness significantly reduced, as well in males as in females...