- Sleep loss: a novel risk factor for insulin resistance and Type 2 diabetesKarine Spiegel
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Centre d Etude des Rythmes Biologiques, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Hôpital Erasme CPI 604, 808, Route de Lennik, B 1070 Bruxelles, Belgium
J Appl Physiol (1985) 99:2008-19. 2005..In conclusion, chronic sleep loss, behavioral or sleep disorder related, may represent a novel risk factor for weight gain, insulin resistance, and Type 2 diabetes...
- Sleep disturbances, daytime sleepiness, and quality of life in adults with growth hormone deficiencyGeorges Copinschi
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Université Libre de Bruxelles CP 604, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2195-202. 2010..Low energy and fatigue are frequent complaints in subjects with GH deficiency (GHD). Because interrelations between sleep and GH regulation are well documented, these complaints could partly reflect alterations of sleep quality...
- Leptin levels are dependent on sleep duration: relationships with sympathovagal balance, carbohydrate regulation, cortisol, and thyrotropinKarine Spiegel
Department of Medicine, MC 1027, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:5762-71. 2004..During the study with 8-h bedtimes, hormonal and metabolic parameters were intermediate between those observed with 4-h and 12-h bedtimes. In conclusion, sleep modulates a major component of the neuroendocrine control of appetite...
- The metabolic consequences of sleep deprivationKristen L Knutson
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 1027, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Sleep Med Rev 11:163-78. 2007..The present article reviews the current evidence in support of these three mechanisms that might link short sleep and increased obesity and diabetes risk...
- Predictors of Adverse metabolic effects of sleep lossKarine Spiegel; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..