Affiliation: Scientific Institute of Public Health
- European surveillance of ICU-acquired infections (HELICS-ICU): methods and main resultsC Suetens
HELICS-ICU data Centre, Epidemiology Unit, Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
J Hosp Infect 65:171-3. 2007
- The ICU-HELICS programme: towards European surveillance of hospital-acquired infections in intensive care unitsC Suetens
HELICS-ICU secretariat, Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
Euro Surveill 7:127-8. 2002....
- A one-year survey of candidemia in Belgium in 2002D Swinne
Mycology Section, Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
Epidemiol Infect 132:1175-80. 2004..glabrata isolates in the elderly. We conclude that the frequency of C. albicans infection is decreasing in Belgium and this is associated with the emergence of other species, most notably, C. glabrata...
- Implementation of antibiotic management teams in Belgian hospitalsL Sourdeau
Institut scientifique de Santé publique, Rue J Wystman 14 1050 Bruxelles
Acta Clin Belg 61:58-63. 2006..Extension to all Belgian hospitals appears warranted. The impact of AMTs and AMs on the quality of use of antibiotics and trends of antibiotic resistance and cost will be monitored based on standardized indicators...
- Hospitals in Europe Link for Infection Control through Surveillance (HELICS). Inter-country comparison of rates of surgical site infection--opportunities and limitationsJ Wilson
Healthcare Associated Infection and Antimicrobial Resistance Department, Centre for Infection, Health Protection Agency, London, UK
J Hosp Infect 65:165-70. 2007..This rich dataset provides a unique opportunity to explore variation in rates of SSI and improve understanding of factors that impact on inter-country comparisons...
- Update of Clostridium difficile-associated disease due to PCR ribotype 027 in EuropeE J Kuijper
National Reference Laboratory for Clostridium difficile, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Euro Surveill 12:E1-2. 2007..Preliminary data indicated that type 027 was already present in historical isolates collected in Sweden between 1997 and 2001...
- Evaluation of Charlson's comorbidity index in elderly living in nursing homesF Buntinx
Department of General Practice KUL, Kapucijnenvoer 33, Blok J, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Epidemiol 55:1144-7. 2002..These results support its use as a measure for introducing comorbidity as a covariable in longitudinal studies with a geriatric population...