Genomes and Genes
- Role of Akt/GSK-3beta/beta-catenin transduction pathway in the muscle anti-atrophy action of insulin-like growth factor-I in glucocorticoid-treated ratsO Schakman
Universite Catholique de Louvain, School of Medicine, Diabetes and Nutrition Unit, B 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Endocrinology 149:3900-8. 2008..In conclusion, this work indicates that Akt, GSK-3beta, and beta-catenin probably contribute together to the IGF-I anti-atrophic effect in GC-induced muscle atrophy...
- Mechanisms of muscle atrophy induced by glucocorticoidsO Schakman
Unite de Diabetologie et Nutrition, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Res 72:36-41. 2009..CONCLUSIONS: Recent progress in understanding the role of growth factors in GC-induced muscle atrophy allows investigation into new therapies to minimize this myopathy...
- Role of IGF-I and the TNFα/NF-κB pathway in the induction of muscle atrogenes by acute inflammationO Schakman
Pole of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition EDIN, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique IREC, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Ave Hippocrate 55 bte B1 55 06, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E729-39. 2012..In conclusion, we show that increased GC production plays a more crucial role than decreased IGF-I and increased TNFα/NF-κB pathway for the induction of the proteolytic systems caused by acute inflammation...
- The type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor (IGF-IR) pathway is mandatory for the follistatin-induced skeletal muscle hypertrophyS Kalista
Pole of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 55 bte B1 55 06, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 153:241-53. 2012..In conclusion, the IGF-IR/Akt/mTOR pathway plays a critical role in FS-induced muscle hypertrophy. In contrast, induction of IGF-II expression and S6K activity by FS are not required for the hypertrophic action of FS...
- Myostatin gene deletion prevents glucocorticoid-induced muscle atrophyH Gilson
Unite de Diabetologie et Nutrition, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 148:452-60. 2007....
- Mechanisms of glucocorticoid-induced myopathyO Schakman
Unite de Diabetologie et Nutrition, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 54 Avenue Hippocrate, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Endocrinol 197:1-10. 2008..Promising new therapeutic approaches for treating glucocorticoid-induced muscle atrophy are also presented in this review...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I gene transfer by electroporation prevents skeletal muscle atrophy in glucocorticoid-treated ratsO Schakman
, , 54 Avenue Hippocrate, B-1200 Brussels, Belgium
Endocrinology 146:1789-97. 2005..Our observation supports the important role of decreased muscle IGF-I in the muscle atrophy caused by glucocorticoids...