- [Affective dependency]G Scantamburlo
Universite de Liege, Chef de Clinique, Liege
Rev Med Liege 68:340-7. 2013..We also focus on the interrelations between dependent personality, domestic violence and addictions. The objective for the clinician is to propose a restoration of self-esteem and therapeutic strategies focused on autonomy...
- AVP- and OT-neurophysins response to apomorphine and clonidine in major depressionG Scantamburlo
Department of Psychiatry, Psychoneuroendocrinology Unit, CHU of Liege, Belgium
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:839-45. 2005..Moreover, we did not find any influence of acute apomorphine or clonidine injections on vasopressin-neurophysin or oxytocin-neurophysin in depressive patients...
- Plasma oxytocin levels and anxiety in patients with major depressionG Scantamburlo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Liege, Psychoneuroendocrinology Unit, CHU of Liege, B35, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:407-10. 2007..Results showed a significant negative correlation between oxytocin and the scored symptoms depression (r=-0.58, p=0.003) and anxiety (r=-0.61, p=0.005)...
- Oxytocin: From milk ejection to maladaptation in stress response and psychiatric disorders. A psychoneuroendocrine perspectiveG Scantamburlo
Department of Psychiatry, Psychoneuroendocrinology Unit, CHU of Liege, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Ann Endocrinol (Paris) 70:449-54. 2009..This paper proposes an overview of OT in psychiatric disorders through the links with the stress response and prosocial behavior...
- Mismatch negativity is not correlated with neuroendocrine indicators of catecholaminergic activity in healthy subjectsM Hansenne
Department of Cognitive Sciences, University of Liege, Belgium
Hum Psychopharmacol 18:201-5. 2003..However, given the complexity of the central neurotransmitter systems, these results cannot be considered as definitive evidence against a relationship between dopaminergic and noradrenergic activity and the MMN...
- 5-HT1A dysfunction in borderline personality disorderM Hansenne
Department of Psychiatry, University of Liege, CHU Sart Tilman, Belgium
Psychol Med 32:935-41. 2002..Therefore, we tested whether subjects with BPD showed a blunted prolactin (PRL) response to flesinoxan, a highly potent and selective 5-HT1A agonist...
- [Neurobiology and pharmacotherapy of obsessive-compulsive disorder]M Ansseau
Universite de Liege, Service de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Médicale, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 63:359-63. 2008..Several augmentation strategies have been proposed for resistant patients. Very recently, brain neurostimulation techniques using implanted electrodes have demonstrated their interest in case of failure of other treatment strategies...
- [Role of psychosocial stress in complex diseases]G Scantamburlo
Universite de Liege, Chef de Clinique, Service de Psychiatrie et Unité de Psychoneuroendocrinologie, CHU de Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 67:234-42. 2012..The objective for the clinician is to propose therapeutic strategies targeting changes in human behaviour to cope with a potentially stressful environment...
- [Dopamine and depression: the forgotten neurotransmitter]W Pitchot
Service de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Médicale, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 63:378-84. 2008..Recent developments of molecular biology and new imaging techniques provide interesting perspectives that could bring a better comprehension of the real implication of dopamine in depression...
- [Neurohypophyseal neuropeptides and unipolar depression: which future?]G Scantamburlo
Service de Psychiatrie et de Psychologie Médicale, Unité de Psychoneuroendocrinologie, CHU Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgique
Rev Med Liege 63:385-90. 2008..A selective AVP V1b receptor, SSR1419415, has been characterized and is endowed with anxiolytic- an and antidepressant-like properties. This paper proposes an overview of neurohypophyseal hormones in major depression...
- [Role of the neurohypophysis in psychological stress]G Scantamburlo
, CHU, Sart Tilman, , Beigique
Encephale 27:245-59. 2001..Whether these modifications are only a consequence of the central disturbances or whether those peptides could participate in the pathogenesis of these affections remains to be elucidated...