- Radical prostatectomy: a prospective comparison of oncological and functional results between open and laparoscopic approachesThierry Roumeguere
Department of Urology, Erasme Hospital University Clinics of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
World J Urol 20:360-6. 2003..We conclude that this prospective, comparative study shows that LRP, when performed in specialized centers, gives oncological and functional results comparable to open surgery...
- Is there a rationale for the chronic use of phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors for lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia?Thierry Roumeguere
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, CHU Charleroi, ULB, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgium
BJU Int 104:511-7. 2009....
- Effects of phosphodiesterase inhibitors on the inflammatory response of endothelial cells stimulated by myeloperoxidase-modified low-density lipoprotein or tumor necrosis factor alphaThierry Roumeguere
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Unit 222, CHU Charleroi, Free University of Brussels, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgium
Eur Urol 57:522-8. 2010..In vitro, Mox-LDL triggered the inflammatory response by increasing the release of both interleukin 8 (IL-8) and tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) by endothelial cells (ECs) and monocytes respectively...
- [Decrease ApoB/ApoA-1 ratio and cardiovascular risk improvement: a tadalafil pleiotropic effect? Preliminary study on healthy volunteers]T Roumeguere
Laboratoire de Medecine Experimentale, unité 222, CHU Charleroi, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Montigny le Tilleul, Belgique
Prog Urol 18:1087-91. 2008..The objective of this open study is to test the hypothesis that tadalafil treatment could decrease serum ApoB/ApoA-1 ratio...
- Therapeutic response after first month of tadalafil treatment predicts 12 months treatment continuation in patients with erectile dysfunction: results from the DETECT studyThierry Roumeguere
Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
J Sex Med 5:1708-19. 2008..The DETECT study is a prospective, 12-month, European, multicenter, observational study of patients with erectile dysfunction (ED) initiating or changing treatment to tadalafil in routine clinical practice...
- [Choice of prosthesis in genital prolapse surgery]Thierry Roumeguere
Service d Urologie, Cliniques Universitaires de Bruxelles, Hopital Erasme, Bruxelles, Belgique
Prog Urol 15:1042-5. 2005..Morbidity is also related to surgical technique and the use of prostheses does not eliminate the need for expertise in prolapse surgery...
- Trans-obturator vaginal tape (TOT) for female stress incontinence: one year follow-up in 120 patientsThierry Roumeguere
Department of Urology, Erasme Hospital, Brussels University Clinics, 807, Lennik street, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 48:805-9. 2005....
- Erectile dysfunction is associated with a high prevalence of hyperlipidemia and coronary heart disease riskTh Roumeguere
Department of Urology, Erasme Hospital, University Clinics of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Urol 44:355-9. 2003..The role of serum lipid levels has been demonstrated in coronary heart disease (CHD), but the relationship with ED is poorly documented. We evaluated undiagnosed hyperlipidemia in ED patients and their coronary heart disease risk...
- [Laparoscopy in urology]Th Roumeguere
Service d Urologie, Hopital Erasme, U L B
Rev Med Brux 24:400-7. 2003..One particular focus is the oncologic applications of laparoscopy for nephrectomy and specially for radical prostatectomy. Laparoscopy become nowadays an usual part of the armamenturium of urological teams...
- Intriguing location of myeloperoxidase in the prostate: a preliminary immunohistochemical studyTh Roumeguere
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Unit 222, ULB, CHU Charleroi, Belgium
Prostate 72:507-13. 2012..Chronic or recurrent prostatic inflammation has long been recognized as having the potential to initiate and promote the development of prostate cancer. The objective was to investigate whether MPO is present in the prostate...
- [Novel therapeutics strategies in benign hypertrophy of prostate management]Th Roumeguere
Service d Urologie, Hopital Erasme, Bruxelles
Rev Med Brux 26:S407-11. 2005..These results are necessary in order to better define the interest and the role of the inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase in a strategic attitude of prostate cancer prevention...