- Predictive factors associated with primary failure to exenatide and non goal attainment in patients with type 2 diabetesV Preumont
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Saint Luc Academic Hospital, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 67:411-5. 2012..We prospectively analysed HbA1c changes after 12 months of exenatide therapy and determined which baseline clinical and/or biological factors predict response...
- Transient efficacy of octreotide and pasireotide (SOM230) treatment in GIP-dependent Cushing's syndromeV Preumont
Division of Endocrinology, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc UCL, Brussels, Belgium
Horm Metab Res 43:287-91. 2011..This case report illustrates the lack of sustained efficacy of somatostatin analogues on GIP-dependent Cushing's syndrome, independent of their affinity for the different somatostatin receptor subtypes...
- Six-month exenatide improves HOMA hyperbolic product in type 2 diabetic patients mostly by enhancing beta-cell function rather than insulin sensitivityV Preumont
Service of Endocrinology and Diabetology, St Luc Academic Hospital, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 10, UCL 54 74, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 36:293-8. 2010....
- Insulin detemir in routine clinical practice: a 26-week follow-up in type 1 diabetic patients from the Belgian PREDICTIVE CohortV Preumont
Department of Endocrinology and Nutrition, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 64:49-55. 2009..The aim of the study is to report the PREDICTIVE results of the Belgian type 1 diabetic cohort...
- Glycemic control and weight changes in patients with type 2 diabetes intensified to three insulin regimens after therapeutic failure to exenatideM Buysschaert
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Service d endocrinologie et nutrition
Acta Clin Belg 67:250-4. 2012..0001). In conclusion, a high proportion of patients remained above the HbA(1c) targets after 6-12 month's treatment, despite a progressive increase in insulin dosages. Insulin treatment was associated with a marked weight gain...
- One-year metabolic outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes treated with exenatide in routine practiceM Buysschaert
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Saint Luc Academic Hospital, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 54 UCL 5474, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 36:381-8. 2010..The study objective was to analyze, in everyday practice, the long-term metabolic effects of exenatide (for 9 and 12 months) in patients with type 2 diabetes not responding to treatments with metformin and sulphonylurea at maximum dosages...
- Coronary in-stent restenosis in diabetic patients after implantation of sirolimus or paclitaxel drug-eluting coronary stentsM Kitoga
Service d endocrinologie et nutrition, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 34:62-7. 2008..In conclusion, even over a medium-term period, in-stent restenosis remains a potential risk for coronary diabetic patients treated with drug-eluting devices...
- Metabolic (glycaemic, lipidic) and blood pressure control in 101 type 2 diabetic patients on first admission to diabetes centresD Lienart
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Service d endocrinologie et nutrition, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 61:127-33. 2006..In view of this unsatisfactory control, our results suggest that "anti-diabetic" treatment should be intensified earlier in primary care settings...
- Improvement of psoriasis during exenatide treatment in a patient with diabetesM Buysschaert
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, Service d endocrinologie et nutrition, Avenue Hippocrate 54 UCL 5474, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
Diabetes Metab 38:86-8. 2012..This report is of a clinically significant improvement in psoriasis lesions in a patient with T2D during treatment with a GLP-1 receptor agonist (exenatide)...
- Hemiballism revealing type 2 diabetes in an elderly: clinical and neuroimaging findings and etiopathogenic linksM Buysschaert
Departement d Endocrinologie et Nutrition, Cliniques Universitaires UCL Saint Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Clin Belg 66:387-9. 2011..We hereby describe clinical and neuroimaging findings. After initiation of treatment and restoration of euglycaemia, we note a complete remission of the initial neurological symptoms...