M J Piccart-Gebhart
- Randomized intergroup trial of cisplatin-paclitaxel versus cisplatin-cyclophosphamide in women with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: three-year resultsM J Piccart
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer EORTC Gynecological Cancer Cooperative Group, EORTC Data Center, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:699-708. 2000..Before considering the paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen as the new "standard," a group of European and Canadian investigators planned a confirmatory phase III trial...
- Intergroup collaboration in ovarian cancer: a giant step forwardM J Piccart
Institut Jules Bordet, Bruxelles, Belgium
Ann Oncol 10:83-6. 1999..A similar organisation as for breast cancer (Breast International Group, BIG) needs to be established for ovarian cancer...
- Herceptin: the future in adjuvant breast cancer therapyM J Piccart-Gebhart
Chemotherapy Unit, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Anticancer Drugs 12:S27-33. 2001..This is particularly important given that HER2-positive breast cancer patients form a high-risk group with a poor overall prognosis...
- The predictive value of HER2 in breast cancerM Piccart
Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Oncology 61:73-82. 2001..Outside of clinical trials, adequately dosed anthracycline-based chemotherapy is the current preferred adjuvant treatment option for HER2-positive patients...
- HER2. a 'predictive factor' ready to use in the daily management of breast cancer patients?M J Piccart
Institut Jules Bordet, Unite de Chimiotherapie, Rue Heger Bordet 1, B 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 36:1755-61. 2000..This paper attempts to critically review to what extent HER2 may improve 'treatment individualisation' for the breast cancer patient...
- The impact of chemotherapy dose density and dose intensity on breast cancer outcome: what have we learned?M J Piccart
Chemotherapy Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Institut Jules Bordet, Association Hospitalière de Bruxelles, Centre des Tumeurs de l ULB, 1 rue Héger Bordet, B 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 36:S4-10. 2000..These results represent our current state of knowledge, but clinical trials are being performed to evaluate further the effect of dose intensity, dose density and cumulative dose of key therapeutic agents on patient outcomes...
- Oxaliplatin or paclitaxel in patients with platinum-pretreated advanced ovarian cancer: A randomized phase II study of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Gynecology GroupM J Piccart
Institut Jules Bordet and European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 18:1193-202. 2000....
- Pertuzumab: new hope for patients with HER2-positive breast cancerM Capelan
Department of Medicine, Institute Jules Bordet, l Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 24:273-82. 2013..Pertuzumab is a new anti-HER2 humanized monoclonal antibody that prevents the formation of HER2 dimers...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy--yes or no? Prognostic markers in early breast cancerM J Piccart-Gebhart
Department of Medicine, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 18:xii2-7. 2007..Close collaboration between clinicians and scientists will be essential to achieve this goal...
- Ki-67 as prognostic marker in early breast cancer: a meta-analysis of published studies involving 12,155 patientsE de Azambuja
Medical Oncology Clinic, Jules Bordet Institute, 125 Boulevard de Waterloo, 1000, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Cancer 96:1504-13. 2007..65-3.91); P<0.001) and node-positive patients (HR=2.33 (95% CI: 1.83-2.95); P<0.001). Our meta-analysis suggests that Ki-67/MIB-1 positivity confers a higher risk of relapse and a worse survival in patients with early BC...